The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad, for the money i would go with either the 250 or the F2...i am still trying to decide myself. i really like the VDI numerical display on the F2 but there are a couple of things that make me leery about buying one just yet:

1. It is a new model and just as with automobiles the first year of production uncovers countless flaws and oversites.
2. I really dislike blister style buttons for controls that will be used repeatedly like a pinpoint button...they almost always end
up cracking
3. The unit may have been rushed through development to garner Christmas sales.

When the 250 first came out there were alot of posts mentioning problems with ill fitting rods and loose coils. These were later not an issue as they apparently changed production techniques. If you can wait until spring you may have a better picture as to which detector is the better of the two.

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
Dollar for dollar the F2 is a better deal, but the ACE 250 is a proven machine. I only say this because the F2 is a new model that just came out. I would lean towords the Fisher F2, but don't rule out the ACE 250.

Just my 2 cents.

Willy

On another forum, there are two guys that did a rather in-depth review of the F2, and a side to side comparison with the Ace 250.. and the F2 came in 2nd in that little tussle. Evidently, they are experienced detectorists and know their stuff. ..Willy.

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Willy said:
On another forum, there are two guys that did a rather in-depth review of the F2, and a side to side comparison with the Ace 250.. and the F2 came in 2nd in that little tussle. Evidently, they are experienced detectorists and know their stuff. ..Willy.

I'm not going to stir the 250 vs F2 feuds that I've seen here lately, but that result would not suprise me. The 250 has it's limitations, but I think those limitations would be comparable to any machine that does not have a manual GB. The F2 or any other machine may do certain things better, but the 250 has enough things that it does good.

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Willy said:
Well, the powers that be on the other forum have deleted the posts. remember, if you wanna get ahead in life, you gotta be a kiss-a$$. ..Willy.
Why on earth would they delete the posts?????I read the entire thing and there was some nit picking but nothing really bad. oh well, some people just can't take a joke ;)

daaaveman

Nov 13, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax - IT ROCKS!
Buy a Tesoro Silver uMax. Love mine. I have an Ace 250. The Tesoro is 10x the detector the Ace is. A tool compared to a toy.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I also have a Little Yeller Feller, and old Tesoro Silver Sabres.

The LYF is a dandy little package that has set the MD world afire.

I would advise you spend $239 on a Tesoro Silver uMax and wonder if you will ever need that LIFETIME warranty...

R M P T R

MR----B

Nov 28, 2007
Trego, Montana, all over nevada and Arizona
Detector(s) used
F-4, X-70, Delta 4000
The ace 250 is an awesome machine for the money, but fisher came out with the F-2 because of the fame of the 250, My distributor couldn't get me any of them because fisher only made 5000 of them to start off with, but did get some F-4s. That is a very sweet machine. If they used even half the technology of the F-4 in the F-2, then I would go for the Fisher, and a major plus is the weight.

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between the two, the Ace 250 has my vote because it's the mature probuct, maybe in a year or so I can change my mind and say the F2, there is alway a debugging period, the Tesoro Silver Umax would be my first choice because of the Strong lifetime warranty. Although I would take DFX Gregg's advice and continue to save for a midrange machine like the Whites MXT or M6, both are strong machines with great backing from a great company.

R

robert roy

Your probably going to be happier with the Ace 250 because it IS a proven machine and because
it can come close to competeing with the middle range detectors. The F2, on the other hand is brand new and has proved to have some issues that need to be addressed. Still, while it doesn't come up to the level of the Ace you'll still have a lot of fun detecting.
Have fun, whatever machine you get.
Robert R

bavarianminister

Dec 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett GTA1000, GTAX550, ACE250, Fisher 1212, Minelab X-terra, Whites DFX
I am dispappointed with what Badger found out about the F2. Garrett's 250 is a proven detector. The little detector works as well as my GTA1000.

Bavarian

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
if possible try out the detector you want to buy and then, make your own decision, because if you ask which one to buy you'll get plenty of answers from brand loyal people.

I personally like that new Garrett BountyHunter Whites Tesoro Ultra Black Max platinum deep seeker with flame discrimination LMAO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread