My wife has no interest in doing any metal detecting.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would you have to argue about? I could see you putting her bags out on the porch now if she found a gold coin before you. :D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Nothing wrong with being her hero! :D :D Many spouses resent the hobby, atleast she appreciates it even if she doesn't join ya! ;) It would be nice if it was something you could share but I am sure there are other things you guys enjoy together. Keep finding that jewelry and being a hero....and don't forget to post pics so we can do the happy dance with ya! :D

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Tykit said:
That may be a good thing. She appreciates and loves the jewelry I find and I'm her hero. But if she detected then for one reason or another we would argue about it.

Arguing is just a part of married life. That's how some people better express their love for each other.

I've become something of an expert arguer after 37 years of marriage. I silently pretend to listen while she puts me in my place. The secret is to maintain eye contact while thinking about your next hunt.

Badger

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Badger, ;D ROTFLMOL

I sure hope your wife does not read this post. If she does, I hope your dog house is warm.

Ed D.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
ya know im kinda glad my wife isnt into it. cause id never be able to get away when i need to.

findit

Jul 1, 2007
i tried to get my wife and sons into it, but they just don't find an interest at all. i was sad at first, but ya know what, i'm just going to sell the detectors i bought for them and now like jonnyrebel said im kinda glad my wife isnt into it. cause id never be able to get away when i need to. well said jonny!!!

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My wife is an off again, on again kind of TH'er. Sometimes its a family activity and she wants her own machine (have an ACE 250 for that) and sometimes she's content to watch me and the kids. It actually works out ok, since she seems to be a lot less crotchety about me doing this than she is when I go fishing with a family friend of ours. If I'm taking my son she's generally cool with it too.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hubbys great about this hobby...he says GOOOOOOOO enjoy.... he helps with research..also finds me new spots... he goes out with me once in a while, but he's limited to it as his necks all messed up...but when I come home he says, well, what goodies did ya find?? then I tell him the stories and he swears he will see me on the local news here as ya just never know where I will end up detecting, I have even gone on the sides of roads... everyone in town says, Hey was that you I saw on ocean heights ave? lol said ummm yes...... so I go with the wind and where I just get the urge to go.... hes so great about it.... am very lucky..

IronClad

Aug 29, 2007
N. Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Silver Eagle, White's Eagle I, White's Eagle II SL, 6000/Di Series 3, Silver Sabre II
My wife has no interest in doing any metal detecting.

Mine doesn't either, even after 3 years of divorce...Go Figure ???. Our marriage was, Do as I say,,, or Else ! I chose the or Else, and still enjoy diggin...Life Is Good ;D

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Single for the last 13 years...go hunting when I want and get to keep the jewelry :)

Badger - you made me bust a gut...very funny :D

HH!
TBGO

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
My wife thinks I am the biggest dork ever with the whole TH thing. But, she is very supportive, and let's me go out often. I am fortunate I guess in that I am a stay at home Dad now that we are overseas, so I take the boy, and we dig some holes! Could be rough for some folks though. I guess it is what makes you happy, and our spouses should be happy that we are happy. Right?? At least I am happy for her when she gets her nails done 8)
Besides, if she hunted too, then she would be my competition for the good stuff. And as much as I like to see or hear somebody find something great, I wish I had found it! Must be the pirate in me. ::)

HH
vegasmtl

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like it's time for an upgrade.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife could care less about my addiction of detecting but I just sold one of my coins for 80 bucks and now she kinda likes it. She said "wow ,thats like two free tanks of gas" Then I "says that is the last time I sell any of my finds."Being Christmas time/tax time it made sence to sell it but it is just funny how hard it is to part with the stuff you dig .I have gave away and traded a lot of stuff and selling it is just not the same. ???

bavarianminister

Dec 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett GTA1000, GTAX550, ACE250, Fisher 1212, Minelab X-terra, Whites DFX
been married for 22 years - I always tell my wife that I could have worse hobbies - like bar hopping or chasing other women. Always works for me!

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
findit said:
i tried to get my wife and sons into it, but they just don't find an interest at all. i was sad at first, but ya know what, i'm just going to sell the detectors i bought for them and now like jonnyrebel said im kinda glad my wife isnt into it. cause id never be able to get away when i need to. well said jonny!!!

Thanx ;D

Luck Be a Lady

Dec 21, 2007
Arizona & Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 & ACE 250
My husband just bought me my first detector for Christmas, an Ace 250. He's been detecting for quite a few years now with his Sov GT and is a truly dedicated THer. I'd go along with him alot and I'd dig some holes after he'd pinpoint the stuff for me. I enjoyed being with him outdoors and exploring new places in the woods or we'd hop in our little rowboat and head for distant shores, make whole days of it. So now we can work together and search an area more quickly and find more loot :) Sorry some of your wives are just not into it.

Stacylee926

Dec 29, 2006
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Discovery 1100
My husband and son also think I am a total dork when I go MDing. Several times I have gotten them to go with me - but they throw a football around and pretend they don't know me.

Took my 15 year old DS on a metal detecting camping trip last May with the VA Cards. He was going for the camping, ended up having a blast with the MD. I thought he was hooked, but I think he mainly enjoyed the atmoshere of camping and realizing that I wasn't really a crazy woman after all.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
My wife is neutral on the subject. She does like to look at any rings that I find ( go figure) to see if they will fit or not. Other than that I get the " that nice" reply along with an eye roll once in a while, but she is neither pro or con on the hobby.

I like it like that.

I also like the " I could be bar hopping, chasing women....etc..." reply but never had to use it. LOL :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread