ww2 German battlefields
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Mar 2003
    Brown City,Michigan
    Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
    5 times

ww2 German battlefields

: :?: Has anybody out there heard of any treasure hunters detecting on the ww2 battlefields in Germany and Belgium?I am wondering if they are protected sites,like the Civil War sites in this country.
    "May the force be with you"........

aetius

ww2 German battlefields

Hi Steve,

I currently live in Germany, and I have read a couple of German TH sites. As far as WWII battle fields, I have never seen any WW2 ones, but if they exist they would definatly be off limits to TH'ers!

The only one I heard of is in France (WWI) because of the mustard gas still in the soil. Most of Germany (at one time or another) has seen some sort of combat in WWII and the biggest problem here for TH'ers is hitting unexploded ordinance.

Germany (and Europe as far as I know) does have laws against digging in castle areas and other ancient sites but there are still plenty of unprotected areas to dig in and find old Roman and medieval coins and relics. Where I live is right on the Limes line (the Roman northern boarder between the Germans and the Roman Empire at that time) so I plan on hitting some unprotected ruins there.

Apr 2003
    8 times

ww2 German battlefields

The amount of unexploded ordinance left in the ground there is staggering. I recall streets where I lived in Germany being closed several times due to construction crews finding bombs; and I only lived there for two years.

Sponsored Links