ww2 German battlefields

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........

Attachments

• 22 December 2019--Ball Fields.jpg
    22 December 2019--Ball Fields.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
A

aetius

Hi Steve,

I currently live in Germany, and I have read a couple of German TH sites. As far as WWII battle fields, I have never seen any WW2 ones, but if they exist they would definatly be off limits to TH'ers!

The only one I heard of is in France (WWI) because of the mustard gas still in the soil. Most of Germany (at one time or another) has seen some sort of combat in WWII and the biggest problem here for TH'ers is hitting unexploded ordinance.

Germany (and Europe as far as I know) does have laws against digging in castle areas and other ancient sites but there are still plenty of unprotected areas to dig in and find old Roman and medieval coins and relics. Where I live is right on the Limes line (the Roman northern boarder between the Germans and the Roman Empire at that time) so I plan on hitting some unprotected ruins there.

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
The amount of unexploded ordinance left in the ground there is staggering. I recall streets where I lived in Germany being closed several times due to construction crews finding bombs; and I only lived there for two years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread