Whites MXT tips, tricks, advice?

Highwater

Nov 3, 2007
Shasta County, CA.
Detector(s) used
White's: XLT, MXT, Tesoro: Sand Shark, Tiger Shark. Fisher: 1266X. Minelab: Musketeer.
Hey Jeff,
Welcome to TN.
If you are buying your unit from a local dealer then they should get you up to speed with the basics. If you are new to the hobby a lot of what they tell you might go over your head at first, but it will be a good primer. After this you will want to read and re-read your manual and go run your machine someplace that doesn't matter if you are a little sloppy with your digging and pinpointing.
Once you have used your unit for a while, read your manual again and it will start making better sense to you. Don't try to learn all three modes of the MXT getting started, just the mode you need for the kind of hunting you are doing. The MXT is a great detector and a real performer.
Once you get into it this far then make another post with the same basic question. When you start getting tips and ideas they will make better sense once you have used the unit for a while.
Also, read, understand and practice the metal detecting code of ethics. It will be printed in your operators manual. Doing this will help preserve our right to persure our hobby in the future. Good luck with your mxt and HH. Highwater

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Get Jeff Fosters book "The MXT Edge". It will speed up the learning curve immensely.
fielddepth.com

You will get allot of great advice and tips here but the book will give you tons of info it would take years to acquire on your own. I have had mine 5 years and thought I had it down pretty well until I bought the book. Amazing stuff.

HH

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Also, click on the Whites logo at the top of the screen and go to the Whites forum. Check out the tips and tricks forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread