Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Opinions on Perma- Frost

Tubecity said:
A few MD'ers I have talked to believe up here in the north where the ground freezes to varying depths that coins will move up & down with the freeze &
thaw cycles of the ground. I would appreciate anybody's thoughts on this.
I don't know for sure but that is what i think that with the freeze and then the thaw the coins will move up & down.I think when it gets cold and freezes the coins push up closer to the surface............................................................==Jim==

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Tubecity said:
A few MD'ers I have talked to believe up here in the north where the ground freezes to varying depths that coins will move up & down with the freeze &
thaw cycles of the ground. I would appreciate anybody's thoughts on this.

This has been discussed many times here and the bottom line is nobody knows for sure.

But, we all have theories, myself included.

I tend to agree with Jim and all who believe that frost coming and going pushes things up and down

This is very clearly seen in Siberia where they find lots of prehistoric Woolly Mammoth ivory. With the drastic weather changes the animal remains become visible.

I know I've totally hunted a site out only to return in the spring and dig coins again like crazy again.

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread