OK, maybe not here but here goes !! Mafia Weapons Cache

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Found by my GMP (GoldMaxx power 17,5 kHz for those that believe high frequency doesn´t go deep)

Well took a Yank mate out today, first place was frozen under 2 inches deep, and mud like clay, so took him to a Roman site in the woods. He found a Grot (Roman Bronze), and I a button. Then I got a good signal, where a wild Boar had been digging. Dug down, and got a large piece of metal that I couldn´t move. Asked Dave (The Yank mate SKiSpeed69) to help me dig it out. After about ten minutes of digging, we got a huge metal military box, and we´re thinking, NAZI GOLD. Eventually get it out (Buried end on in, in a hole lined with wood, about 2 feet down). Open the catch (Noticed it´s quite a new box and air sealed, as air went in (Or out) when I flipped the catch), and opened the box. Two revolvers, one a 22 Magnum 8 shot Arminus, the other a 357 magnum 5 shot (Probably H&W) wrapped in silver foil and plastic. Then opened a bag, and a Merkür GRD (German Democratic Republic or East German for the num nuts) under and over (East German equivalent of Purdey or Holland & Holland), nicely hand engraved , but barrels sawn off to shorten it. Also stolen number plates,about 60 rifled slugs and round ball, and 5 boxes (250 rounds) of 22, and 3 boxes (150 rounds) of 357, plus stolen number plates, handcuffs and gloves (Also 3 pieces of .32 magazines, and some rifle rounds assorted). So took the box back to the car, and phoned the PLOD. They came after about a half hour, and then I had to show them where we found it. Unfortunately too dark to find the hole, so they´ll pick me up tomorrow to take them there again. Sad But typical Wooden Tops, we used gloves checking it, the start fumbling in there without gloves, till I told them off ;D
Ray
p.s. They took pictures today (Monday), and have said they´ll send me a copy of all pictures (Camera and mobiles were in the car, and when we got the box there, there were old pensioners and cars, so didn´t take pictures (The old dears would of had a heart attack >:(). The KriPo, (CID) will come Wednesday, and maybe I can fill the hole in then before someone breaks a leg and sues me !! :o

Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool find...I can hear the 007 music playing now...wonder who it was meant to help/hurt? There's always money in the cache in the movies... ;) ;) ;)

HH!
TBGO

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Unfortunately not here !! And you can bet I don´t get a reward either, probably just a hassle !!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
.....Rayredditch.....very nice find hope you get something out of it...i will be watching for the pictures.....................................==Jim==

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UncleVinnys said:
One of those cases where you have to wonder: Maybe we should tell the police or the FBI about that - might solve a cold case.
the FBI doesn't really have much going on in the USA right now ::)

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
EDDE said:
UncleVinnys said:
One of those cases where you have to wonder: Maybe we should tell the police or the FBI about that - might solve a cold case.
the FBI doesn't really have much going on in the USA right now ::)
Already given the Police the complete box, with all contents, and took them to the find site. Tomorrow the CID will be coming too I take it !

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray, that is one to talk about for a long time.Man ,I need to get back over there! Even though you did not get to keep any thing ,you did the right thing by calling it in and I salute you for it. Hope the next hunt is a great one for you and your mates.Tell Pat that I surly said hello and don't let his age fool you, he is a hunting machine. He would take off and hunt for miles in those open areas and and in the woods also. I wanted to get some walkie talkies for hunting so we could relay when we would get on a hot spot over there but never ended up doing it. Would be very helpful there. Thanks for posting and happy New Year/hunting. It was 8 degrees below here this morning so I am house bound but the kids still keep me busy. ;)

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
I´ll tell him Trent. I´ve got two walkie talkies, and can add upto another 6 without a problem. Here it warmed up a bit, 0 centigrade during the day, and minus 4 at night. That´s why we ended up doing the woods, as the first 2 inches on the fields was a clay that stuck to the boots like super glue, and under that was like concrete! Bavaria Mike will be heading back this way Thursday, so if alls well, Bernd, Mike, Pat, Dave and I, should have a good hunt on the Saturday, and everyone gets to meet everyone. And hopefully find ancient instead of modern LOL

RETREAD

Dec 16, 2007
Looks like you did the proper and SMART thing. Who knows where the guns came from or what they were involved in. Get caught with a gun from the hot sheet and then give the law "I dug it up" You are an uncommonly wise person RETREAD

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
One of the guns (.357 Mag) was wrapped in silver foil, and sealed in a plastic bag. The .22 Mag was loose, and the under and over stripped down in a canvas bag. From this I deduced that the (.357 Mag) was probably clean (Not used in a crime), and that the others were hot items. However, it was odds on favourite that they were stolen, so gave it all to the Police. There were also 3 pieces of 32 auto magazines, but no ammo or gun for this.
All items had been stolen, plates are still being run though, so maybe I´ll hear more from the plain clothes tomorrow !!
Ray

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KILLER ;D
binarywriterservlet

skispeed69

Apr 2, 2007
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya,

I was with rayredditch on that find. I think we had a better chance of finding a Roman gold coin. I think we were both dreaming of a nice WWII cach of 20 Lugars all raped up in oil cloth. LOL.

Skispeed69

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Translation (using translation web site)...

At the Sunday afternoon (30.12.2007) a weapons depot was discovered by a walk in a forest zone between Winnweiler and bare stern yard. The American ammunition box with the measures 45x35x20 cm was buried in the forest ground and freely was dug probably partially by wild pigs so that the cover became visible. The man had the finding safely and the police delivered.

The police inspection skirt houses received the ascertainments. It asks itself the question, who hid the disruptive contents in the forest to one side of the way, and whether the found weapons became for criminal offenses relatedly and/or yet used become should.

After the first examinations, two drum revolvers can be assigned a break-in at the 12.04.1990 into a dwelling in Feilbingert. A hunt weapon (ram double gun, manufacturer Merkel) was stolen at the 13.09.1994 out of a dwelling in hostage mountain. Course and shaft were shortened after the robbery. The criminal investigation department hopes for itself especially references to a nylon sack with the handwritten inscription "Böckli" (see picture). Who can make references to this? The long weapon was stowed separately in the olivfarbenen plastic sack. The bag would be allowed to come based on the other inscriptions from US-supply.

Further were found in the depot a small ammunition box with magazines, Schrotmunition, patron Magnum (calibers 3.57, 222 and 22), pistols ammunition, Winchester ammunition, leather pockets with hunt ammunition as well as two packings edge fire patron. Also gloves, handcuff and two car marks with allowance stamp 12/1999 let assume criminal relevant backgrounds. The marks KL – CM 383 not presently are issued. After first insights, they should be destroyed 1999 in a vehicle change of the before owner.

HH!
TBGO

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
skispeed69 said:
Ya,

I was with rayredditch on that find. I think we had a better chance of finding a Roman gold coin. I think we were both dreaming of a nice WWII cach of 20 Lugars all raped up in oil cloth. LOL.

Skispeed69
Well you did get one Roman, even if it was a GROT LOL

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool Ray,thats one for the books!

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Hi Trent, yes, it was something unexpected, made the local papers and radio too. Saturday a bunch of us are gathering for a hunt (Pat too), so hope we don´t find more of that, but more of the Roman or Medieval. If it stay´s cold, the ground will be frozen still, so it´ll be another wood hunt, so maybe we might get unlucky again LOL
HH Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread