probes/pinpointers

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
They are absolutely worth it. I used a Vibraprobe for 4-5 years and now use a Sunray DX1. When you are trying to find that small target in the dirt or just seeing if the target is in your plug or still in the ground. The detector will pinpoint for you but the hand held will speed up retrieval allot. The only people that I have found that don't think they are necessary are they ones that have never tried one, or a good one anyway, although I am sure someone will show up with that argument now. LOL

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes they are worth it after you use one you would not want to be without one..I like the vibraprobe.....................................==Jim==

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
roachnjim said:
after you use one you would not want to be without one..

Kinda like cell phones :P ;D

daaaveman

Nov 13, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax - IT ROCKS!
I use the White's Bullseye II. I'm sold on having a pinpointer, just not on the Whites. You have to virtually touch the item to set it off. However, it still saves me a lot of time. It's also fun because I make pinpointing my 7 yr old son's job. I detect and dig the hole, but he always finds the "treasure". Works out well.

I'd highly recommend a pinpointer, just research the models. I don't think you'll see a lot of love for the Bullseye here.

Coin Shooter

Jan 12, 2008
Flowood Mississippi
Got a tiny tech in 2000 it’s cheap and works good. After seven hard years it’s about worn out so I got a Cache Probe CP200 two weeks ago and love it, but it Rejects Iron, sometimes this is good and sometimes not so good. If only you could still get a periscope.

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just bought a cheapo bounty hunter for around $50....probably it does not compare to the higher end models mentioned above but i CANNOT believe how much easier it makes coin recovery. best accessory i purchased in years

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought the Vibraprobe last year and after using it, I regetted not buying one sooner. It saves so much times especially when digging in dark soil where it is difficult to see the target with the naked eye. A pinpointer will also minimize the risk of damaging a potentially valuable coin when digging. Wouldn't do without it. The vibraprobe is waterproof to 30 feet and it floats. I'd definitely recommend purchasing one.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Adds much to the hunt by reducing time and frustration. I have forgotten mine (or had a dead battery) and it is sorely missed when I need it. Most times anymore I carry two. :D (Both of mine are small enough to tuck in my belt pouch. I will be attaching a Sunray probe to my F-75 before spring.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I have sun rays on my Ex2's and like them very much but got a Detector Pro pocked Uni for my F-75 and found that not only was it deeper but that now I could use it with any detector that I have or may get in the future. I use it with a mono ear bud under the headphones and it works like a charm and also does not add any weight to the detector

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread