Jan 2, 2004
Jax, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Nokta Makro Simplex
Minelab Excalibur w/S12
O' OH, just got it in the mail.

Hello all!

Just wanted to post another, "I just got my detector...." post.

I got me a shiny new Eldorado. I ordered it from Dixie/AAA Metal Detectors. I got free 2nd day air shipping, and I haven't been able to play with it since my wife is pregnant and hungry again.

Anyway, I dealt with Ron. I haven't personally met this person, but I think they do have a real commitment to customers. the reason I say this is because I am sometimes impatient when waiting for a package in the mail. I e-mailed their site at about 2230hrs central time, (10:30 p.m.) and I got a response like at 0539hrs. (5:39 a.m.). I really didn't expect that kind of e-mail reply.

I chose them, from a link off of Lost Treasure Online. Their web site wasn't hard to navigate, and I already knew what I wanted. Too bad weather here is cold and wet, but I can still do the "air" tests.

Price was $375.20, and I couldn't find it for less, unless it's used.

Hope to post pics of my family's finds in the near future.

Laterz

ejf

Attachments

• image-279890293.png
    image-279890293.png
    416.8 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 0

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the same boat

EJF,

It sounds like we are in the same boat (as far as detectors go, I don't have a wife ;)). Anyway, it would be cool to compare notes! I just got my Eldorado about a month ago, and haven't used it more than 4 hours because of snowy weather. I can't wait to learn how to use it when it warms up. Please keep me posted if you learn something you think a fellow newbie might want to know. I will do the same.

-mbn-

OP
OP
K

kool007

Jan 2, 2004
Jax, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Nokta Makro Simplex
Minelab Excalibur w/S12
O' OH, just got it in the mail.

MBN
Sounds like a plan. I am still messing around with the air test. Today the weather in Texas went "NUTZ". snow in Dallas. Wet in the south, won't let people go outside and swing.

I need to start writing down what other people say they set their knobs to for particular things. I think a peice of masking tape, and a good pen would do wonders with info in the field. Something that can be reffered to in a whim......

laterz

ejf

p.s. At the Tesoro forum, I was going to post my same posting as here, but I read their rules, and didn't read the rules hear, I hope I didn't fail. I guess this could be a form of advertising. sorry. ejf

Attachments

• photo (13).JPG
    photo (13).JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 18
  • photo (14).JPG
    photo (14).JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 16

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread