Which detector to go with????

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest you go with either the Ace 250 or Prizm. Fisher's customer service isn't up to par after First Texas took over. I have not had a chance to play with the F2 yet, but there are some people that use it. Look on the Garrett forum for more info.

OP
OP
thomas_miles25

thomas_miles25

Jan 25, 2008
Findlay, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Deleon, Tesoro Tejon
I have used whites before, I used to own a quantum xt but have never used a garrett or fisher and i have heard good things about both. I just want the best for the money ya know?

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
i dont think you will be impressed, if you you used a quantum, kind of stepping down, but the lighter weights of the new machines will be nice.

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no experience with any of those but I have seen many good posts about the Ace 250.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an ACE 250 for a while and it is a great little detector for the money. Lots of features if that is your thing. Good luck.

Willy

i'd go for the Ace.. with one caveat; don't expect it to go really deep in highly mineralized ground. I found the PP to be easy and, if you sweep close to the feet (like I do), not at all nose-heavy. Better than that, IMO, buy a higher end USED detector off of one of the various classified forums. You have a better chance of getting a detector that you'll 'grow' into instead of out-of. ..Willy.

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stay away from the f2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread