New target ID Coming today for my sov gt

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
??? Are you talking about a pinpointer? If so, depending on which one you get, when the tip is within an inch or two of your target, it will "buzz", "vibrate", or light up.

Keep in mind that they don't have discriminators so if you're close to anything, ferrous or non ferrous, it will go off.

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
no. The digital meter ,,,,, I have a pin pointer ,,don't work that well .. its the kelly co gives away when you buy a new detector ... Guzz1

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
the sunray probe are what you need , the meters are set up in different scales, seems the one with the lower # range are more popular

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,127111.0.html

Scroll down to see the meter ID numbers that Mike of VA posted. These are the same pics he sent me. You can laminate them for attaching to the top of your meter.

Now you have to get the Sun Ray S-1 inline probe too.

Have fun.
Sandman

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I  got  the  digisearch  yesterday   seems  to  work  fine   Had  to  side  mount  it though  ,, really nice  set  up  from  Dixie ... very  easy  to see now   ,,mounting  it  on  the stock  shaft   ,you  couldn't see it .. ,,Sandman  those  ID numbers that  mike  sent  really  came in handy... Thanks  a  bunch guys for  posting ... Guzz1

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 142

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Carry a silver quarter in a mylar flip and calibrate on that.

Dig EVERYTHING for the first few months or until you are confident you are interpreting the readout correctly.

I had an agonizing time deciding between the Sov-GT with display vs. the F-75 and it came down to a coin toss.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread