Whites Pinpointer vs Pinpointer II

Steeler Fan

Apr 3, 2005
White's Pinpointer vs Pinpointer II

Sorry if this has been asked before, but my local dealer offered to sell me a new White's Pinpointer for $65.00...I really had my eye on the Pinpointer II, which he is selling for $119.00.

Is it worth almost twice the price or should I go ahead with the older model?

Any input would be appreciated from those that have an opinion.

Thanks!

Steeler Fan

Upvote 0

TOWcritter

Re: White's Pinpointer vs Pinpointer II

I have the Model 1 and it's a great little tool for finding those dirty coins that have a tendancy to blend with their surroundings. It's kind of like holding a little brick. The Model 11 looks like it is more ergonomic and has a few new features. If you're a "got to have the latest gadget guy" like me then 'nuff said. If you have a wife as tight with the $ as mine, oh well. Good luck.

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon

I have the old model. It works ok for me. Just a hint. They sold for $49.95 & all dealers have been giving them away with any purchase of equipment. I think he's gouging you. I have not tried the new model yet, but one of these days I'm sure I will.
Spotz

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon

I got a bullseye II with my detector. I use it on vibrate mode and I like the light that shines down the hole. Comes in handy at night or even when the sun has just gone down. But I agree with spotz. Don't walk but run away from your dealer. Find another one who is honest. If you've spent any money dealing with him in the past he should practically GIVE you a Bullseye I.
Go to Whites web site and look for other dealers in your area. Keep expanding that area until you find two or three other dealers. Let each one know that you're also talking with other dealers and you want to know what the best deal he, or she, can give you on a Bullseye II. You should NEVER have to pay suggested retail price from your local Whites dealer.

OP
OP
Steeler Fan

Steeler Fan

Apr 3, 2005

Thanks for all the input! Once I get my income tax check in, I will be looking for one at a good price. Anyone have any leads to where I can get a Pinpointer II for a good price? Remember I am a student! Any student discounts out there? lol

Steeler Fan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread