Cache Found

P

PrizmIV

First good cache. There is only 29 pennys showed but there were actual 58 found. I know this has almost no money value but the sentimental value is HUGE :o. Let me explain. My friend and I found these while detecting of course. There was a tornado in 1989 in our city of Huntsville. It left devastating destruction. It killed 13 people and ruined hundreds of houses and buildings. We were MDing the woods right were the tornado went through in hope of finding gold. There was a jewelry store that blew away completely and all of the coins and jewelry blew away with it also. But instead we found these pennies which we know are from the tornado because all are 70-80s
pennies within a square foot. None dating over 89 the year of the tornado. We could sell these for way more than face value but we would rather keep them or have them mounted in the brick wall that has a plaque of all the people that died. Everytime I pick those pennies up I feel like a energy and saddens goes through me. Jonathan

Attachments

• cache.jpg
    cache.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 0

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
There was a jewelry store that blew away during the hurricanes down here in Fla, but I don't think they will let me hunt there! Great finds HH omnicognic 8)

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way To Go.......Keep Searching.........There is alot more OUT THERE ! & Nice Digs

B

bamacoinshooter

I live in Eva, AL and being a weather enthusiast, I'm very familiar with the Huntsville tornado of 1989. Sites where disasters have occurred are places that I feel are often overlooked as being potential hot spots. I've never had many chances to hunt areas such as this, but I did hunt a site that was struck by a tornado in 1957. I thought that there would at least be a few silver coins that had been scattered by the storm, but I only found a few coins that predated the tornado, including a 1941 mercury dime. Keep looking, I'm sure that there are some real finds scattered through those woods downwind of the damage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread