Cache Found
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

PrizmIV

Cache Found

First good cache. There is only 29 pennys showed but there were actual 58 found. I know this has almost no money value but the sentimental value is HUGE . Let me explain. My friend and I found these while detecting of course. There was a tornado in 1989 in our city of Huntsville. It left devastating destruction. It killed 13 people and ruined hundreds of houses and buildings. We were MDing the woods right were the tornado went through in hope of finding gold. There was a jewelry store that blew away completely and all of the coins and jewelry blew away with it also. But instead we found these pennies which we know are from the tornado because all are 70-80s
    pennies within a square foot. None dating over 89 the year of the tornado. We could sell these for way more than face value but we would rather keep them or have them mounted in the brick wall that has a plaque of all the people that died. Everytime I pick those pennies up I feel like a energy and saddens goes through me. Jonathan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cache.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	66644  

Mar 2005
    Hollywood, Florida
    AquaSound
    6 times

Re: Cache Found

Way to go! Good homework! Now go find that gold and jewelry. It's gotta be there somewhere! HH
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Research Guru

Jan 2005
    Tampa, Florida
    10 times

There was a jewelry store that blew away during the hurricanes down here in Fla, but I don't think they will let me hunt there! Great finds HH omnicognic 8)
    "Wisdom comes not from knowing everything, but  knowing from whom to ask!"

us
    Dave the - 219erman -

Apr 2005
    CHICAGO
    E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Way To Go.......Keep Searching.........There is alot more OUT THERE ! & Nice Digs

[size=30pt] Now I Will Hit That 2012 Silver  [/size]

bamacoinshooter

I live in Eva, AL and being a weather enthusiast, I'm very familiar with the Huntsville tornado of 1989. Sites where disasters have occurred are places that I feel are often overlooked as being potential hot spots. I've never had many chances to hunt areas such as this, but I did hunt a site that was struck by a tornado in 1957. I thought that there would at least be a few silver coins that had been scattered by the storm, but I only found a few coins that predated the tornado, including a 1941 mercury dime. Keep looking, I'm sure that there are some real finds scattered through those woods downwind of the damage.

us
    Quick, I need more coins to hunt:)

Feb 2005
    Manassas Park, VA
    Whites MXT
    5 times

Congrads on the cache!!!
    Pepperpump
    2008 CRH FINDS
    5   40% HALVES
    24  FOREIGN/REJECTS