gettin your own back

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
truckin through texas a few years back,i rolled down a getoff ramp west of dallas heading for a truck stop for the weekend.8 or 9 panhandlers at the bottom of the ramp with the usual signs;'homeless','work for food',ect.that i normally ignore.one got my attention:crusty old bird with a gleam in his eye holding a sign'why lie?i want a budwiser!'gave him $5 for his honesty.hunted a clump of trees by the truckstop where they camp at night the next day and found $11.63 in change surface to 2"down.fair return for a christian act.

Upvote 0

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I once heard a rumor of a panhandler pulling in $800 a day from a prime spot.

Furthermore, I've heard that professional beggars in India's largest cities are licensed by the city and taxed a percentage of their take... which might be considerable.

Most of us would pay to watch a buffoon for entertainment... Larry the Cable Guy, or Will Ferrell...
If not necessarily convinced by wretched circumstance, why not reward a street corner performance?
rmptr

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
heard most every grifter story and dodge in the truckstop lots over the years.easy answers for most:hungry;hand em a can of vienna sausage and a pack of pnutbutter crackers[i want money,not that @#$%! normal response]work for food:pull out chrome polish/rags one hand,show vs/crackers in other as reward for polishing 18wheeler[@!!!$#@%normal response] proactive-wad up tissue paper and condom wrapper and throw on ground beside truck/retreive in the morning.pavement princesses will figure during the night that another sister got that homeboy,no need to knock on his truck.result:full nights sleep.that's treasure when u truck 12-16hrs a day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread