BY a safe for you precious Finds

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lets see. A safe costs about $1,000.

And my precious finds are worth about $11.

Hmmmmm.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Target has the best deal 99.00,,$$$$$$ combo steel weighs 50 pounds.. GUZZ1

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Nahhh! Get a simple locking, fireproof filing box for about $20, and stash it in the back of a closet.
I have one for my important papers, and one for coins and valuables.

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
I have a pick up truck and i purchased a safe that fit's under my back seat and drilled eye bolt's thru the sides and have it secured with a locking cable around the seat mounting bracket.

Every time i go to Florida i alway's keep my personal item's and also my find's locked inside the safe, I never worry about any one stealing from me.

About 3 month's ago a sheriff was wondering what i was doing at a secluded beach at night, I was just securing my detector in my tool box in the back of my truck, and the deputy could not understand that sometime's people detect at night .

He checked out my truck and inside the cab he noticed my safe and inquired why i had one, I explained to him i lock my personal item's inside, Well he insisted that i need to open my safe so he can see inside and i heitated and he was requesting i unlock my safe,

So i did and he looked at everything inside and looked at my prescription medication bottles and my paperwork,

Anyone know if this was legal for him to demand me to open my safe. And i still fill safe knowing that everytime i travel what ever is locked inside my safe will stay there,

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
They have to have probable cause to search your vehicle , Now If there was a curfew at the beach, He was most likely within his right to search your vehicle .. Just always be gracious and willing to cooperate with them. and you should be alright . sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't . some of the new rookies coming on the job have john Wayne syndrome and that can be a real problem.. Guzz1

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
I bought a small fire proof safe to keep my papers and documents.
I also keep it unlocked.
If a thief gets in, he can open it and take the money, but my documents will be left behind...I hope so.

Now the trick is : Could the thief find the safe?

I have bought a motion detector alarm too, from "Radio Shack".

The secret is to activate the alarm everytime you leave.

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have nice safes. Milink, Amsec, USCAN, American, Browning, Remington to nake a few
Now these are safes.

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I bury all my finds in the back yard. No one will ever find them buried in the ground! I mean, what are the chances that someone will invent a technoloy that can find coins and stuff buried in the ground?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread