Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only complaint I have heard with the Vibra-probe is that it interferes with cetrain detectors . . . so you have to wait for it to eventually turn itself off (60 seconds or something like that).

Don't know nufin about the treasuremate.

I just added a SunRay probe to my F-75. Lets me use the VDI & headphone(s) while pinpointing and you can't leave it behind or lose it . . . and it doesn't take batteries (used the detectors & you switch from coil to probe).

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
What machine are you using? Why not get the Sunray in-line probe? They have aftermarket pinpointers for most brands. They get more depth, pipe through your headphones, and clip out of the way easily when not in use.

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use sunray pinpointers on my dfxs, but also have a vibra probe 560.
The 560 is indestructable, but too bulky to suit me.
Go with the sunray its always there and handy.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Sovereign GT but also the Ace, and a couple others. I have considered the sunray but since I detect with a couple different machines I want a handheld

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Hey Kickerchick, the Vibraprobe sounds like the way to go. If you don't like it, let me know, maybe I'll buy it. It's good enough to the point if you don't like it, you can recoup a fair amount of your investment. Then the only problem would be to try and find a better one.
Hey did you try again to quit smoking? Just wondering because it's been quite some time for me. That Chantix is worth it's weight in gold!

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey mule I did quit for 17days but atlas I failed. I do plan to try again and will use the chantix this next go around. I think you are right about being able to get your money back on it if for somereason I don't like it. Guess I gotta kick this horse around a bit more before I decide.

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own Whites Pin Pointers I & II both. When I get my new DFX, I'm going to get the new Sun-Ray Pin Pointer and attach it right on my machine. don't have to worry about dropping it or loosing it.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a suggestion. Get a retractable keychain for your pinpointer.. It retracts when released so you won't leave it behind..
Ray

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cosmic thats a good tip, something to think about. My luck it would be one more set of wires that I get tangled in, but I might have to try that. I am leaning more toward the vibra now cause it has an auto on/off switch which I think could be useful.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
txkickergirl, I received a Whites Bullseye II for Christmas from my brother. I already had the Vibraprobe 560 and really liked the Vibraprobe but the Bullseye fits into my pouch next my tools and easy to remove and put back because of its size. If the treasuremate is small in size like the Bullseye it might be worth getting due ease of use. The Vibraprobes are great pinpointers and built like tanks but are a bit long in length. Just something to keep in mind when making your decision. Good Luck.

Cal

GaryL

Jan 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Toltec II, GTI 2500
txkickergirl said:
the one I currently have is bulky and even though it has a belt clip attachment I end up losing it and having to retrace my steps to find it. So do I buy the treasuremate with ground balancing or the vibra-probe that is waterproof?

Treasure Mate made by Tesoro, easy to use, comes with a pouch/holster, good depth, and bright yellow and hard to leave behind. Cost is some what expen., however way under by at lest 100.00 for the two others talked about.

The one that fits on your detector is for that detector only and extra cables to hook up, same with the Uni-Probe if you wish to use HP's with it and the extra cable hanging to get tangled up.

In the end it comes down to which one you can afford and think you can use for your style of hunting. The Treasure Mate is easy to carry, has good depth, and has Vibs, and sound I think as I use the Vibs.

Just my
2cents.gif

GaryL ....
smile30.gif

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine has the treasuremate and loves it, but overall end result was I went with the vibra-probe, I wasn't crazy about TM cost or that it is square and the switches are too easy to turn on. I also went with the vibra due to the fact it is waterproof and I am around the water a lot of the time. If I get it and for some reason dislike it I can always recoup my money and go with another.
Thanks all for your input

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
The vibraprobes get really good reviews from most people & resell quickly . Want to sell your old
pinpointer for a reasonable price . I have one of those bulky V4's & it seems to work well . Other than
being bulky I like it ok . I'm going to rig a holster or something for it .

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
txkickergirl said:
I use the Sovereign GT but also the Ace, and a couple others. I have considered the sunray but since I detect with a couple different machines I want a handheld
GET A WHITES BULLS EYE
AND DO THIS

I got the pinpointer pouch at ace harware.
and I cut the flap off ot and it holds my pinpointer and knife and cell phone easy

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 277
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 276

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dag nabbit now i want o go detect im going to the beach bye...LOL

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I really like the sun ray but since I hunt with several different detectors I have found that the Detector Pro Pocket Uni works out great. It is the deepest detecting probe available (up to 6 inches on a coin) I use a mono ear bud with the wire running under my shirt and the bud under the headphone cup. All I have to do is flick the switch to use the probe and it is really great when you get into a coin spill

Weasel_Loader

Feb 16, 2008
California City, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer CTX 3030
erikk said:
I really like the sun ray but since I hunt with several different detectors I have found that the Detector Pro Pocket Uni works out great. It is the deepest detecting probe available (up to 6 inches on a coin) I use a mono ear bud with the wire running under my shirt and the bud under the headphone cup. All I have to do is flick the switch to use the probe and it is really great when you get into a coin spill

That's good to hear about the Uniprobe. I really wondered if the extra cost was worth it on this unit. I'm thinking about getting the Uniprobe w/headphones. They look like really good quality headsets.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Don't know about the headphones as I have several pairs of good phones I opted for the pocket Uni and the Mono plug. Also there is less of a chance of something going wrong and you lose one or the other or both! With the money I saved I got a second Uni for a back up just in case ;D ;D

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well the vibraprobe is working great I like the holder and it fits easy against my leg so is not in the way. The treasuremate I must say has better depth, but I am happy for now with my choice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread