Electronic Pinpointer Category

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh, that's pretty neat! I didn't really read into that one, but it sounds like I should have.
I think that I'll be plenty pleased with my 570 since I've never had an electronic pinpointer up to this point...
How much was yours if it were new? Mine was 130 (plus shipping) new...

Thanks for giving the write up!! Hopefully, if I can get a electronic pinpointing section started on T-Net, then you can put your info for your Uniprobe on there for everyone to see.

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
Have fun with the new toy when you go back home Bran!!

Thanks! I sure will, Cyn! ;D
I've been waiting for *so* long for this... I think it's gonna help tremendously!!! I can't tell you how many deep holes that I've dug and gave up on in frustration, just to fill the hole back up and keep going. I couldn't seem to locate the target in the hole.
No more of that though! lol

Bran <><

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I do know that feeling...seems we keep getting more detectors and prospecting supplies and have not yet gotten a pinpointer....I admit I have filled back in a hole or two as well! lol Let us know how it goes!

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
I do know that feeling...seems we keep getting more detectors and prospecting supplies and have not yet gotten a pinpointer....I admit I have filled back in a hole or two as well! lol Let us know how it goes!

Will do, dear! ;)

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
godisnum1 said:
I can't tell you how many deep holes that I've dug and gave up on in frustration, just to fill the hole back up and keep going. I couldn't seem to locate the target in the hole.
Bran <><

That has been a big problem for me, too. I found out last weekend that even after having my Tesoro LST for 9 years, I still forget just how deep I need to dig in order to get the target. Fortunately the machine has a built in pinpointer, but a handheld model would still be useful.

One of my metal detecting friends has the headphone Uniprobe model. The biggest problem, according to her, is the cord from the headphones gets caught up in the toggle switch (on/off switch) on the head piece and thereby turns on the pinpointer while it's in the car or being stored for a few days. So by the time she's ready to use them again, the batteries are dead. She says the toggle switch should be replaced with a low profile switch instead, so there's nothing to catch onto the cord. Otherwise, she loves the headphones model. Using it, she can dig a smaller hole or cut a smaller plug than I can. I tend to move great mounds of soil in my quest for those corroded Lincoln cents. After seeing the Uniprobe model Treasure_Hunter bought, I might look for one of those instead of the headphones model.

Thanks TT for the writeup!
I've seen that Uniprobe model before while looking up info on the 570... but the only problem I noticed immediately is that the pinpointer circuitry is located in the headphones... and I always have headphones on anyway with my detector, which would make it an obvious downfall for me to switch headphones to use pinpoint function. Maybe I've missed something with them? I don't know.

I know what you're saying though about moving "great mounds of soil" to get to the target, or at least "attempt" to do so! lol
I know my detector will go down 6 to 8 inches on a particular target, but when I've dug a good sized hole and STILL haven't found the target, I kinda get discouraged, kick some blasted dirt around, then fill the hole back in. I usually rant to myself for a few min's while trying to find my next target to dig, but it really is bothersome to spend time on a hole and not produce a find. Oh well, as of Tuesday, it won't be an issue any longer. :D

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*Sorry, I just added to my last post after I saw this one.*

OH, ok... that makes complete sense now! That's kinda cool! Almost like the Sunray models, but going through the headphone jack and skipping on the target ID that Sunray uses instead. Huh, neat! Thanks for letting me know that. :)

Bran <><

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
If I were to buy another pinpointer, it would be the Vibraprobe. From what I've read the holster leaves something to be desired. But that is easily remedied

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
:) :) :) ...I think that is a good idea to have a pinpointer review added to the roster....... Yes that would be nice and give us more ....information and knowledge ....on the diffrent brands of pinpointers ==Jim==

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
I have 3 uniprobe headset units and 1 pocket probe as well as the vibraprobe 560 and 570 use the vibraprobe for water hunting the 570 is more than twice as deep as the 560. The uniprobe can't be beat good for 3-5 inches thats more than the sunray on my explore11. The other thing thats good about it is it can be used with any machine the sunray can't. The only weakness the uniprobe has is the lack of stress relief on the cable where it attaches to the headphone the BNC connector can be replaced with a radio shack replacement. Some say its alot of money to pay but you would switch to hunting with a screwdriver the same day because you don't need anything else, the recovery time saved to move to the next hole and retrieve a new target is amazing. The uniprobe will pay for itself in a matter of months and no I don't work for them. Hunting with a screwdriver means minimum impact on the ground in groomed areas. Dan

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got my 570 today!!! I'm getting sidetracked though because I also got my new copy of W&E today!!
Too many things to look at!
I think I may "try" to get out to a forest area and see what this thing can do... I'll try to remember to report back later. :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so this has been on here for a month now... and still no replies from Jeff or any of the Mod's for a Electronic Pinpointer section for reviews?? I've read a ton of posts for pinpointers of people wanting to either know about them, or buy them... yet we have no section.
Jeff, please add one for us... I think it would help out alot.

And as an update for the Vibraprobe 570 that I purchased a few weeks back... it's working great!! I haven't had the most time ever to get out and use it, because of school... but when I have used it, it's brought my location time for each target down to less than a minute. So I've actually been finding more while I'm out, because I've had to waste LESS time on digging a big hole because I just can't seem to locate where the target is at in the ground. The thing I like most about the 570 is that it vibrates more consistently as I get closer to the target. This has made a WORLD of difference! I'm definitely seeing the extreme value in having an electronic pinpointer now. I don't know how I EVER went at this hobby without one?!!

Bran <><

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I am really liking the idea of the sun ray in line probe, but am not sure if this is the way to go.

Pros:
It is always connected
Uses the functions of your detector
turns the coil off when in use

Cons
costs almost as much as my ACE
If I get another detector, I must also get another sun ray.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stanjam said:
I am really liking the idea of the sun ray in line probe, but am not sure if this is the way to go.

Pros:
It is always connected
Uses the functions of your detector
turns the coil off when in use

Cons
costs almost as much as my ACE
If I get another detector, I must also get another sun ray.

I didn't even realize they made a Sunray for the 250 until the other day when I was browsing around the forums and stumbled onto the topic.
From what I've heard, the Sunray's are worth every cent that you spend on them... although like you said, if you decide to switch out machines, you're pretty much out of luck. Outside of my detector being a little older than the rest, I opted not to even consider the Sunray route for that exact reason. And you have a good point with the Sunray costing about as much as your 250. My Vibraprobe cost quite a bit, but I saw it a better investment for my needs than a Sunray. I do like how the Sunray turns off your coil... but then again, all I have to do is face my detector away from me when I dig... which I mostly have made myself start doing. If I had a brand new expensive machine that I KNOW I wouldn't consider a new machine over for a long time, I most certainly would get a Sunray!!
But for now, I really like my Vibraprobe. :)

Bran <><

RuffandTuff

Nov 24, 2005
Cynangyl, please do some research for me. I need a pinpointer for my Fisher F-75 and Garrett Ace 250. Earlier this year, I shipped my Minelab GPX-4000 and Explorer SE back to dealer that I purchased from. I had both for one year and did not use them. I did not have time to go to Idaho for the training and I am not a "Rocket Scientist". Miss "C", you may contact me via my EMail. Thanks, RuffandTuff.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RuffandTuff said:
I need a pinpointer for my Fisher F-75 and Garrett Ace 250.

That is another major advantage of the Pocket Uniprobe, you only have to buy one, it works on all your detectectors, and you get great depth.....

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I just got a Vibra-Probe 570. One of the reasons I choose it is because it is water proof. I haven't had a chance to take it out and work with it yet. In the house I have tried it out and I love the way the vibration increases as it gets closer to a target. Hope to get to use it this afternoon. Personally I like the sheath that comes with it. The one on my Bulleye 2 is aggravating.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
Bran, happy to hear your Vibraprobe 570 is working well for you. Hope to see your treasure trove soon. :wink:

I hope to see it too, TT!!! lol :D

Pepper2004 said:
Personally I like the sheath that comes with it.

And I agree Pepper, I totally forgot to mention the sheath! Although I think I want to take a thread and needle and stitch around the hole to make it even more reliable for the years to come, since it only seems to be sealed by heat or glue (not sure which??)

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread