Vibraprobe 570

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far, I've only seen one writeup for the Vibraprobe 570.
It was informational, but I really bet there's more than one person on T-Net that owns one and could lend their opinion on this particular model. I've been consider buying one since the day it came out, and I'm almost to the point of getting one.
Please let me know your opinions.
Thanks!

Bran <><

Attachments

• vibraprobe_570.jpg
    vibraprobe_570.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
Wellllll...I've got one & it's like an American Express card...I don't leave home without it!

Just enough depth...about 2", depending on size of target & soil conditions. Any more depth & it wouldn't be a "pinpointer"...it would be an "about here" tool. No switches to screwup or remember. No noise. Water/dustproof. 9V battery. Never forgets to turn itself off. Good balance. Detects ONLY with the tip. Cool holster that works. What's not to like? ;D

One minor negative...Keep about 18-24" between the 570 & your 'tector head to from getting feedback in your headset...not really an issue.

Remember, it's a pinpointer, not a digger.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Bran,

I'd also like to see some comparisons of the 560 vs 570. I have the 560, and while I like it, I'm just not all that crazy about it. I don't know if it is just my machine, but it is like I have to get right on top of the item before it sings.....like 1/4" away. BARGuy, can you or anybody else answer?
---Mel

borninok

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
borninok said:
Bran,

I'd also like to see some comparisons of the 560 vs 570. I have the 560, and while I like it, I'm just not all that crazy about it. I don't know if it is just my machine, but it is like I have to get right on top of the item before it sings.....like 1/4" away. BARGuy, can you or anybody else answer?
---Mel

borninok

I wouldn't mind that as well. From what I've read, it's very similar... but better than the 560. I do wish we could get some people talking about both on here. I really want to get the new 570, but I want some more insight before I do so.

Bran <><

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BARGuy said:
Wellllll...I've got one & it's like an American Express card...I don't leave home without it!

Just enough depth...about 2", depending on size of target & soil conditions. Any more depth & it wouldn't be a "pinpointer"...it would be an "about here" tool. No switches to screwup or remember. No noise. Water/dustproof. 9V battery. Never forgets to turn itself off. Good balance. Detects ONLY with the tip. Cool holster that works. What's not to like? ;D

One minor negative...Keep about 18-24" between the 570 & your 'tector head to from getting feedback in your headset...not really an issue.

Remember, it's a pinpointer, not a digger.
I bought my 570 a few months back. I get an inch and half as far as depth. I swing the detector with my left arm and keep the 570 on my right side. IMO It's a worthy addition to any treasure hunters arsenal.

Indiana-Fred

Greenie
Dec 15, 2007
Evansville Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bountry Hunter - 505
also have a 570 and this is my first pinpointer... but so far it is great... can't compare it to any
others but the research I did before hand lead me to the 570 and it has really really helps keep
the recovery down to mim. target - dig - pinpoint with 570. and put it in the pouch

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the feedback!!
I'm really borderline on buying the 570.
I'll be leaving for Florida next Thursday, and there's a place back home that has detector gear... so I might wait until I get there to see if they have one. Either that, or I'll end up ordering one before I leave.
Thanks again!

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I gave in... my Vibraprobe 570 will be here Tuesday!
I'm pretty excited, because I'm leaving Thursday to go to Florida... so I may be able to get some detectin' in back home!!
8)

Bran <><

rust in peace

Sep 26, 2007
West-central Wisconsin
I have one. The only problem with it is when I'm swinging my detector, the search coil makes the probe vibrate sometimes. So the probe doesn't shut itself off because the search coil is reactivating the probe every swing. Sometimes it does this and other times it doesn't. I swing with my left hand and keep the probe on the right side of my belt but when the coil gets to my right side it sets the probe off. This happens about 20 percent of the time while I'm searching and while this is very annoying, I still wouldn't want to md without the probe. Hope this make sense. I would like to add that the recovery time on your finds will improve immensely which means a lot less time digging and more time swinging. I would guess that I recover at least 5 times as much stuff with the probe in the same amount of time so now I have 20 pulltabs instead of 4. :)

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
borninok said:
Bran,

---Mel

borninok

I very much agree with you on the 560. I sold mine due to I would only get about a 1/2 inch of detection.

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
Sorry for the tardy response...Been off the air for awhile.

I am not experiencing the problem with cross-talk WHILE the 570 is in its holster on my belt. R-I-P, you may want to have it checked.

And yes, I too am getting up to 1.5+/- inches, depending on the target & the soil. I typically dig out my plug, check it with the MD, & if it's still in the hole, check the hole with the 570. Most times, the 570 will either pinpoint it immediately, or tell me where to dig some more.

I'm recovering 2-4 times as many targets in the same timeframe as I used to. And it will find those soil covered dimes, buckshot & .22 shells! ;D

I am going to contact Vibraprobe & see if they can't incorporate a spare battery holder on the holster.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BARGuy said:
Sorry for the tardy response...Been off the air for awhile.

I am not experiencing the problem with cross-talk WHILE the 570 is in its holster on my belt. R-I-P, you may want to have it checked.

And yes, I too am getting up to 1.5+/- inches, depending on the target & the soil. I typically dig out my plug, check it with the MD, & if it's still in the hole, check the hole with the 570. Most times, the 570 will either pinpoint it immediately, or tell me where to dig some more.

I'm recovering 2-4 times as many targets in the same timeframe as I used to. And it will find those soil covered dimes, buckshot & .22 shells! ;D

I am going to contact Vibraprobe & see if they can't incorporate a spare battery holder on the holster.

Thanks for your writeup BARGuy!
I think the cross-talk with the detector & the 570 might be detector specific, you know?
1.5 inches should be perfect for me though... especially if it vibrates stronger, the closer it gets to the target!
I'm eager for sure to see how much time mine will save me once it gets here tomorrow in the mail!!! It's coming to Florida with me for sure when I leave on Thursday, so I'll get to test it down there too!

The spare battery idea sounds like a good one! I bet I could make my own for mine...

Bran <><

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
The vibration doesn't get any "stronger", just continous. Air test it like any other detector & you'll see.

Best of luck with your new toy AND in FLA! ;D

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
I have both the 560 and 570 did a test awhile ago for someone with a quarter. 2 -2.5 cm with the 560 and 5-5.5 cm with the 570 . whats the conversion to inches 2.5 cm is 1 inch. This was an air test. I mostly use mine in the water and use a uniprobe headset on land because it can't be beat. Dan

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
I appreciate the side-by-side comparison. It stands to reason the 570 should[/u] be "improved", or why change? :)

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got my 570 today!!! I'm getting sidetracked though because I also got my new copy of W&E today!!
Too many things to look at!
I think I may "try" to get out to a forest area and see what this thing can do... I'll try to remember to report back later. :)

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread