Help!!! with DFX programing

briankb70

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2008
river valley/ Fort Smith, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's DFX,Classic III, Prizim II
I've been reading the books and literature on the DFX. My problem is that I can't find a program that is halfway quiet to get used to the new beast. my yard sounds like a spring night full of crickets , frogs and other insects. It chirps beeps and squawks everywhere.So far I've tried a few on the net and the coin ,coin and jewelry ones that are factory programs. Is there a program that someone has tried in the Arkansas area that could be used on coins only till i get comfortable with this new machine. At times I've wondered if this was too big of a jump? Of course it wasn't. who wouldn't want one? I just got to get a handle on all this info overload that I'm stressing with at the present. sorry so long-winded.

Upvote 0

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its possible that your auto ground balance is not balancing the ground well enough to stop
the noise.

(or you might have a lot of nails in your yard)

this does not mean the machine is faulty, just that it does only a basic general ground balance through
the auto mode.

you can manualy ground balance this machine, (I use a DFX) but it takes effort and a will to learn...
your manuel can tell you how, and that will help with some noise.

and make sure that its not some type of antina interferance....
I hold mine in the air and swing it around.... if you get noise in the air, your too close to some kind
of electrical interferance.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check your pre amp.. you may have to change that..I know I did...lowered it... works better for me..along with playing with the discrimination.

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
I would agree with Torrero, proceed through the normal air and ground balance and then hold the coil at waist level pointed away from you. If you are getting chirps and squawks you have an EMI problem in the area.
Also after the start up procedure pull the trigger and scan the area you are using for the ground balance to be certain that you are not trying to GB over a metal target.
BJW

OP
OP
briankb70

briankb70

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2008
river valley/ Fort Smith, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's DFX,Classic III, Prizim II
Also after the start up procedure pull the trigger and scan the area you are using for the ground balance to be certain that you are not trying to GB over a metal target.
BJW I bet this is the main culprit 1920's house probably tons of roofing nails.

Thanks to all. I love your little slice of the "net World". Thank you for letting me be apart of it :) Treasure Net is the Best. Also thank you for helping me get over my " anti Yankee" prejudice. I wasn't raised that way ,just do to many bad experiences north of the Mason-Dixon line. Also my uncle was mugged in Jersey . He was a resident and also black belt in many areas (was going to something like the Olympics for kickboxing ,judo or something back in the 70's ) Just didn't see it coming. He got the best of them but they still got the wallet. anyways whole other story. Sorry that I'm a chatter box, Mom always said that" i could carry on a conversation with a telephone pole " :-[

thanks again , I'll try your suggestions, I'll never give up on it Brian

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
briankb70 said:
I've been reading the books and literature on the DFX. My problem is that I can't find a program that is halfway quiet to get used to the new beast. my yard sounds like a spring night full of crickets , frogs and other insects. It chirps beeps and squawks everywhere.So far I've tried a few on the net and the coin ,coin and jewelry ones that are factory programs. Is there a program that someone has tried in the Arkansas area that could be used on coins only till i get comfortable with this new machine. At times I've wondered if this was too big of a jump? Of course it wasn't. who wouldn't want one? I just got to get a handle on all this info overload that I'm stressing with at the present. sorry so long-winded.

I am not going to read the other reponses here...I am just going to give you the right answer! :) First if you have been reading all these books as you say....you should have learned that emi is everywhere! Get out of your yard man! Go into a park, a field, almost all of the dfx factory basic programs (except the eeprom Hi-pro a bit of a nasty monster...but my favorite!) Get away from your house watch the difference...read manual...ground balance after selecting a program and go...you are getting interference big time...leave the yard and report back! Take you dfx after doing a proper ground balance...slowly lift to waist if you are getting any type of unstable reaction ...lets start by lowering your ac sens....drop into 60's with your pag at 3 you should be fine..................Best of luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread