New detectors coming out

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
No word yet on Dave Emery's Nemesis release date.

Minelab will be introducing their new GPX 4500 next month according to one release

http://www.nqminersden.com/Minelab_Metal_Detectors.htm

This was quite a shock to a lot of people. A lot of people did not expect Minelab to release a new
model so quickly. Perhaps the high price of gold had something to do with it. Big bucks needed for
this baby- serious gold hunters only.

How about Whites? Well their new MXT 300 and DFX 300 models are just cosmetic changes with a new coil.
The 300 stands for the 12" coil size- 300mm.

Whites will be coming out with the TDI Pulsescan shortly. It probably will be released about the same time
as the GPX4500. The Pulsescan is a PI. The brief comments by some of the testers have been quite favorable
for this model.

Is that it for Whites? Well here are some comments on their website.

From White's website - Careers tab:
White's is seeking EE engineer with management credentials and experience with embedded circuitry and emerging processors.
Company very close to rollout of two long term R&D projects. Need a professional to bat cleanup and reset Engineering and R&D priorities.

Well we know what one long term R&D project was- the TDI Pulsescan. What is the other? A replacement for the DFX?
Time will tell.

Happy hunting
George

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good, we need some new models to play with and test. Whether they will be any better is any ones guess. We can only hope so and not be to complicated for many to learn.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bakergeol said:
Minelab will be introducing their new GPX 4500 next month according to one release

This was quite a shock to a lot of people. A lot of people did not expect Minelab to release a new
model so quickly. Perhaps the high price of gold had something to do with it. Big bucks needed for
this baby- serious gold hunters only.

I don't know if anyone on the Minelab thread has discussed it (I'm assuming they have), but I read online that Minelab was bought out by some big firm, which has hopes of bettering the existing Minelab company with their backing & resources.

I'm sure that has something to do with the new model coming out so quickly...

Bran <><

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fisher is putting out the new F-5 and F-70.

And I see in Cabela's that Bounty Hunter has Gold and Platinum models with a stalk mounted VDI that are new.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread