Opinions on an X-terra 70 as my first MD?

427sohc

Greenie
Mar 9, 2008
Southeast, Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's Vision
Upvote 0

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Pick!

HH

PTP

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great choice !!!!! Guzz1

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Great choice! I am sure you will love it! I have heard nothing but good things from the folks that have gotten them. With the kit we have on special on our site there have been a lot of them going out lately. Best of luck to you with the new machine! Can't wait to see you posting finds!! :D :D

OP
OP
427sohc

427sohc

Greenie
Mar 9, 2008
Southeast, Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's Vision
Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated. To Thompy, that is my fantasy engine. Maybe one day when I win the lottery I can afford a real one!

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
The X-Terra 70 is a great machine. The versatility of this detector is what makes it. It is one of the best coil/relic machines on the market, yet is still a very capable gold finder. The X-Terra will find small gold that the PI machines will miss. It will not go as deep on the nuggets as a PI machine, but still does a very respectable job. For the person who wants a detector that does it all, it can't be beat. The learning curve is quick and the verity of coils available in different frequencies and sizes allows it to do a lot of things very well. For the money, you won't find a better machine. I have a Minelab PI detector and for finding the deeper nuggets in the well worked fields, it's the best choice. The problem is that that is pretty much all it is good for. I love my 70 and think it was the best money I have spent on a detector. The weight of it is another major factor. At less than 3 pounds, you can swing it all day. My PI machine gets my less than perfect back hurting pretty quick.
Buy one, you won't look back.

Good hunting, John K

BillyC

Jan 28, 2008
The X-70 is my 1st detector. I have been using it now for 7 months. I really enjoy it. Very easy to use and set up. Nice and light, and finds the good stuff. All in all a very good choice, Beale.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
427sohc, i had my hands on a 392 hemi , ended up getting fired from the scrapyard before getting it out, they had a lot of the real early hemis there, this was the only one any good though. just recieved the xt 50 for my son, hope a little of this snow melts, and we get out to swing a little

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions