need help using my new Eclipse Deepscan DD 1400 Search Coil for a dfx

farmerboy856

Mar 14, 2007
wi
Detector(s) used
whites v3i ,mxt pro, idx pro garretts pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i bought a Eclipse Deepscan DD 1400 Search Coil for my whites dfx the other day, an took it out to try an learn it this morning. so far so good. well here goes beep beep hey got some thing from 78 to 93 on the vdi penny quarter. hey thats not bad tried pin pointing said 6.5 inches ok so i dig my hole correct depth nothing try my pinpointer still nothing sweep over it with the machine beep beep still there same vdis. call up my buddy that sold me this he is a dealer an he says that the dfx is not calibrated for this loop your depth might be off ok well i dig a couple inches deeper nothing pinpointer nothing sweep it agian still there by now my hole is getting bigger an deeper which is ok i use my own yard to practice! but anyways i don't know where to go from here? i tried diff coins on the ground an tried to figure out how to pin point them but still can't do it when its in the ground. i even put the coil in the flush with the bottom of my hole an it still said 5 inches?! how can that be? there are no underground wires pipes or cables here in mine or my dads history of the farm? i had my detector on coin an jewelry at 68 sens. would greatly appreciate your help!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
farmerboy856

farmerboy856

Mar 14, 2007
wi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when i put a quarter on the ground to try pinpointing it seemed like it would pinpoint at both ends which of cousre is fine when i can see the coin, but when i pretended i couldn't see the coin i still couldn't figure out how to pin point it it seemed like it would pinpoint the coin on both the front an back end of the coil depending on where i swept it? ??? ??? ???

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE
I bought the same coil last year and had the same sort of trouble with it. There are many threads around with pinpointing tips for that coil. I gave up, sold the DD on ebay and bought the new 12 inch coil. I love it, and it pinpoints exactly as the stock coil. Too each their own. Hh dave.

OP
OP
farmerboy856

farmerboy856

Mar 14, 2007
wi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks d-dave i hope i don't have to sell it! i think i am starting to get the hang of it. dug six targets with it yesterday anit seemed to be going good for me. an thanks Schrecky also your post was very helpful. i have using that method to pinpoint an it seems to be working well for me. one more? some say that you don't gain any depth an some say it does help what is your opinion? for me it it's nice to be able to hunt a bigger area considering the types of ground i hunt an of course going a bit deeper is always a plus! thanks again all of you! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread