Upvote 0

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I saw that thing in action over the weekend and I'm gettin' my name on the list. I was told that they're probably going to retail between $1350 and $1500. The only downside I see right now is the weight. They're heavier than an MXT.

OP
OP
B

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
unclejesse67 said:
What is "PI"?

Pulse Induction- Usually deeper than VLF particularly in mineralized ground. If you are in mineralized ground in CW relict country- you will see what the VLFs have missed with a PI. The issue is iron ID and how well the new Whites PI does with it.
It is no accident that the first photo was 1/2 of a rare CS plate- good advertising.

Here are more photos.

http://208.101.43.105/labprints/utils/imageScript.php?p=94453&w=190318&s=3&n=img0591.JPG

http://208.101.43.105/labprints/utils/imageScript.php?p=94453&w=190318&s=3&n=img0574.JPG

George

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The main observation I have on this machine is that it was able to handle the hot ground in Culpeper better than anything I saw there. Me and another guy I was teamed up with had some questionable signals that we got the gentleman using the TDI to check for us and it was able to clear up for us what we were hearing. We were trying to locate some deep signals and this thing was getting clear signals on some really deep stuff (like 12+" deep in ground that was keeping everybody else to an average of 7-8" (on bullets and small stuff). No, I didn't see any way to hip mount it, but was told that it had pretty good balance. I would suggest that everybody that's interested in one contact White's and strongly suggest they build in ways to hip-mount or chest mount this unit, as it will surely sell a lot better if weight is not as much of a concern. I was also informed that they are looking at alternatives to the batteries to try and lower the weight some. Sounds very much like a work in progress, but progress it is and I for one am looking forward to the future of this machine.

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With the machine you saw, was it using the usual 8 "AA" battery pack?
When checking signals, were you able to get an impression of how the discrimination worked? Jim.

Sorry Jim, the guy I was talking to didn't say what batteries it had, but only indicated that the thing really takes some power and that they were looking at some equivalents in batteries to lower the weight. I didn't actually get to handle the machine so no, I don't know how the discrimination works.

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Central Coast, CA / Bolivia
Detector(s) used
White's V3, MXT All Pro, DFX, XLPro,TM-808, TDI-SL with 25" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BamaBill,

Since you got a chance to see this machine, what kind of display does it have on top of the handle?? was the battery pack separate or inside the unit?
the housing seems similar to a 6000DiPro.

thanks
Gilbert

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is no display on top of the handle that I could see. Its a sound only machine at this point.

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope that changes for the final product. I see three LED's on the main box, but even if that is all the display you have it should be on top of the handle where you can see it better.

Thanks

G

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally!!! If the battery issue is an issue, I hope they resolve it. As you get a little older, weight does matter.

OP
OP
B

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
gflores71 said:
I sure hope that changes for the final product. I see three LED's on the main box, but even if that is all the display you have it should be on top of the handle where you can see it better.

Thanks

G

I asked a tester. Those are battery charging lights. By the way don't forget that this is a prototype and the final version may be completely different.

George

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I did read about the LED's being a battery indicator. I think there should be a way to rig a screen to show something similar to the signagraph on other Whites units, showing the graphical interpretation of the reading. I think that would give the user a better sense of the "image" pattern with certain metals and objects, also more sensitive to small changes as the ear is limited in slight differences in sound.

G

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
The only downside I see right now is the weight. They're heavier than an MXT.

It looks like the same size box as my 5900 Di Pro. Wouldn't bother me as my right wrist is about twice the size of my left one from swinging the old detector for so long.

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
From what I was told it can be hip or chest mounted which would negate the weight. I know it worked great at the Virginia relic hunt but have also been told it works very well on black sand beaches. I guess we will have to wait and see,
BJW

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
bakergeol said:
unclejesse67 said:
What is "PI"?

Pulse Induction- Usually deeper than VLF particularly in mineralized ground. If you are in mineralized ground in CW relict country- you will see what the VLFs have missed with a PI. The issue is iron ID and how well the new Whites PI does with it.
It is no accident that the first photo was 1/2 of a rare CS plate- good advertising.

Here are more photos.

http://208.101.43.105/labprints/utils/imageScript.php?p=94453&w=190318&s=3&n=img0591.JPG

http://208.101.43.105/labprints/utils/imageScript.php?p=94453&w=190318&s=3&n=img0574.JPG

George

The thing about pulse induction, as far as relic hunting is concerned, pulse induction detectors have an affinity for iron. So PI is perfect for relic hunting because, you want to find the iron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions