have high gas prices modified when and where u hunt ?

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
i live out in the country,nearest bigger town is 25 miles away. find im only getting out about once a week due to the high cost of gas.i already combine trips.banking, library,thrift store and grocery shoppin all in one day.im so tired after all this not much energy left for hunting.i did find out the parks are open til 10 pm.so im just gonna have to become a night hunter.ive always had my hobby adding to my income a bit. just cant see being down over 7 dollars before finding coin 1.by driving into town just to coin hunt. anybody else?

Upvote 0

farmerboy856

Mar 14, 2007
wi
Detector(s) used
whites v3i ,mxt pro, idx pro garretts pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i guess it does somewhat but to me its a hobby an all hobbies cost money so i just try an budget a bit more for gas. This way i can avoid the gym cause i get my exercise so i save on that bill plus i can actually make a dollar here an there so thats a plus too. I guess for me the gas does hurt too as i am bout 25 miles from town also. sometimes i pack a lunch instead of eating out an i car pool with my hunting buddy. we take turns driving that helps save a lot too. lots of little things to help squeeze ole abe bit tighter! also some of the best sites i have ever found have been under 5 miles from home! maybe we can find a way to convert pull tabs an nails into fuel! theres an idea!

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
The best way to solve the problem is to vote these idiots out of office who refuse to allow us to drill and refine our own oil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread