Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello,
New guy here. Got a "Ceap Chinese piece of crap" MD a couple weeks ago.
Thats what someone on forum called it. Not a name brand that everyone else has.
Have been trying to find out about it.
Treasure Hunter Vision Pro XJ9. I looked on internet and one site said suggested retail $600.
Found Chapmans site (maybe they make them?) and sells for $160.
Craigslist sez $158 or so. Also got a TH Aqua Vision Pro thats supposed to go to over
40' deep in both salt and freshwater. The blustery site sez $700. Yah right.
Anyway, XJ9 seemed to work ok as far as I can tell. First try was at Jungle Gym at a park.
5 coins, gold(?) necklass, rosary, pop tops, and candy wrappers. Easy dig thru bark chips.
Deeper into the hard dirt I passed up. Didn't want to excavate too much. Will try on beach soon.
My Brother in So. Cal. has a very expensive Whites and says $1.40/hr. is his usual take.
Lots of competition there I imagine.
Anyway, should I be ashamed of this because it is "not American made"?
Probably engineered here and farmed out like a lot of thing are. Can anyone say NAFTA?
Feel like a second class person here as I did not spend alot and I know these are
"Learner Toys". I admire and respect all who have done this a long time and have
very expensive equiptment. And the amount of knowlege here is like a college degree. I thank you all.

Joe :-\

Upvote 0

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Which reminds me of another note..

According to the US National Weather Service records..

plus the founder of "the Weather Channel"

We have according to public record been cooling for the last 13 months, and in fact have received record lows in many States this year.

Global warming?

Not when we have global cooling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread