I must have looked like a bad boy

firedup

Jan 28, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX ,Bullseye 2
I must have looked like a bad boy

Today was a first for me. I was having fun at a tot lot when a guy came over to me and told me with a Huff that the neighbors didn't like the fact that I was there. I told him I was only there picking up coins and I meant no harm. 10 mi nets later two police cars pulled up and asked me if I was a treasure hunter I Told them I was and we started talking about detectors. Some guy pulled up in a pickup truck and started to tell the police I had to go. The policeman went over to this guy who was starting to raise his voice and told this guy that have every right to be here. This guy didn't like it and started arguing with the officer. Well the officer set him st right and I went back to having fun for another two hours.

Upvote 0

Marauder Dan

Aug 24, 2005
Re: I must have looked like a bad boy

I always manage to keep some real rusty nails,some jagged aluminum and a hypodermic needle or 2 in a plastic bag inside my metal detecting bag for the few people who really want to know what Im doing,usually the needle works the best and on one occasion a lady that had her kid running all around me making noises and being a pain in the ass,actually grabbed her kid and made a bee line to her car after seeing the nasty stuff that came outts the small kids park!

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

Yep, had similiar experience. Some Grumpy Old People have nothing better to do than call the police.

In my case, whoever called, said I was digging up the soccor field. The police had to come to investigate the property damage call. It all turned out well, since I was not damaging the field and it is not against the law to detect in public parks.

Got to watch out for those Grumpy Old People and remembe not to become one of them. LOL

Ray S

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.

I once seen a neighborhood watch sign that said "you stop we call the police",the grumps must follow
"you dig we call" :icon_scratch:

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We hardly if ever really have a problem with the police. We were once behind a fence in a construction area and the police stopped. They basically said continue today but don't come back :wink:. Our club has helped the police on more than one occasion. It is a great way to build a relationship with the law enforcement and they generally don't bust our chops even if there may have been a few technical violations. :icon_pirat:

We have also had the opportunity to hunt places that we might not otherwise.

HH

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
There are three things in a cops life. Boredom and instant terror. also a cop is always on theline for catching hell from huffy people. Bob

65chevy

Aug 3, 2013
I enjoyed reading it. Me and two of my co-workers went on our lunch break to a park to detect. Across the street two police cruisers watched us. When lunch was over we started to leave they pulled up real fast and got out. I was thinking we were in trouble. They walked up asked if we had found anything. Then started telling us where they go to detect ended up late for work. They were really nice. I always make it a point to wave at them when I'm detecting.

GOD BLESS!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions