Never thought I would get a detector before this

LostDiamond

Apr 13, 2008
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Soon to own (Ace 250)
Well I went out for a friend of mine's bachelor party at a local area in the woods in which we were playing paintball and this was the first time and last time I will ever play. I remember falling hard on my left side on my head when I tripped over a tree root. So I assume I either lost it there or it defintely got loose in that vicinity. The article I lost was my grandmothers diamond stud earring which was handed down to me from my mother. It has alot of sentimental value to me as well as monetary value. After reading the forum for a few hours I decided to purchase an Ace 250 to see if I can locate this gold diamond stud. I know the route in which we were playing paintball and lucky for me my gun jammed therefore I did not run as far as everyone else in the woods and walked back to the area where we first started. I looked afterwards as I had realized I lost my diamond, but there was so many leaves and debris over the area in which we played I did not find it. So I hope this new beginner detector will do the job and hopefully find it. :-\

Upvote 0

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I wish you the best of luck, I will tell you that if this is what I think you are looking for
then the amount of gold in this small ear ring will make it almost impossible to find.
Very small gold does not have a very good signature on any machine and most are not designed
to "SEE" such small piece of gold.

You might find a person on the forum who has a true "GOLD" machine, these are designed to locate
the tiniest pieces of gold, and may in reality be the only machine that can pick it up.

If you still have the other earring I would do an "AIR" test on it with the machine you bought and see
how it reacts. If it can't see the one you have in the air test, you won't find one on the ground in the leaves.

This issue from experience.
Good Luck
Richard

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I would suggest that you let us know your approximate location and maybe one of us can help.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wish you luck and perhaps someone here can also jump in and help you cause it is going to be super hard to locate. Does someone have the matching earring? If so I would suggest you scan it under your ace and notch out everything else.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh boy, I know how you feel... I sure hope you find it..or one of the local tneters can hunt it down for you.. I know I have one ring handed down to me and I would be devasted if I lost it... please keep us posted.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The ace 250 is a nice MD ,,very good choice ,, you just might find it Good kuck let us know...

Guzz1

OP
OP
L

LostDiamond

Apr 13, 2008
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Soon to own (Ace 250)
I'm from Milford,MA, about 45 minutes from Worcester,MA and about an hour from Boston,MA. I see many of you are not even close to my location lol. That's ok though. I can't wait for the detector to come in to search for it, it will be better than the naked eye in all the leaves where I lost it. Thanks for all the responses, I had to vent to someone.

rebelinmass

Aug 3, 2005
Lunenburg,Ma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-terra 70, sandshark pi, vibraprobe 560 and 580
I live in Lunenburg Ma, but work in Hopkinton which I belive is only a few miles down the road. I will be more then happy to try and help you find that earring after work. I also have an ace 250. Let me know if I could be of service.

Rebelinmass

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you the best of luck in finding the earring. Small gold like this is very hard to find with even the gold detectors mainly because you need to get the coil over the earring first. The area being so big this seems impossible, but with a careful search pattern you can get it under your coil, having the ACE sound off on it is something else again. Make sure you haven't lost it somewhere else or taken it off before hand and forgotten.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a Ace 250 and have air tested it on small gold and it would not make a sound it will not sound off on small gold....==Jim==

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
You need to only accept the first 3 segments and notch out the rest. Run your sensitivity at 7 bars. Work slow. Overlap your sweeps. Keep the coil close and level with the ground. Investigate ALL signals! Your looking for a needle in a haystack.

gary in idaho

May 7, 2008
The machines that would be the best for trying to find small gold would be the Whites Goldmaster V/sat, Goldmaster 3, or the Fisher Gold Bug 2. If you don't find it see if you can find someone with one of these machines or rent one from a local metal detector shop. Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread