Is it just me noticing this or do you see what Ive been seeing?

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Is it just me noticing this or do you see what I've been seeing?

This post is meant to be informative or educational, not knocking anyone. But have you all noticed all the beautiful silver coins being found with a big ol' scratch across the face? I think alot of people are buying a detector without ever being taught or shown how to safely and properly, (for the coins sake) dig a plug. I mean you spend all that time hunting, researching, traveling to that secret site, find a terrific coin, and cut such a small plug you put a gash in its face. :'( Not sure how others feel, but cut a big plug, one thing I know is the grass will survive better and it doesn't show as much as a small plug that you keep widening to find your target. Let me just say, I've scratched enough coins of my own over the years and am passing along what I've learned the hard way. There sure have been some great coins already found this year. Aloha & keep up the awesome finds. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
Re: Is it just me noticing this or do you see what I've been seeing?

guilty! the places i hunt are swarming w park personnel.i think my city must bleed red ink w all the people they employ. its not that i dont know how.just these folkare givin me the evil eye.so diggin w screwdriver only.yep i have permission BUT....no oldies lately anyway. u should see the clad qtr i butchered though. how u doin anyway bud. hope ur healed after that disaster in big island!!! cu . tryin to get organized to goto louisiana bayou hunt. anyone else scared to carry big diggers?

F

Felinepeachy

Yup!! Learned this one the hard way myself. :-\

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

scrounger said:
guilty! the places i hunt are swarming w park personnel.i think my city must bleed red ink w all the people they employ. its not that i dont know how.just these folkare givin me the evil eye.so diggin w screwdriver only.yep i have permission BUT....no oldies lately anyway. u should see the clad qtr i butchered though. how u doin anyway bud. hope ur healed after that disaster in big island!!! cu . tryin to get organized to goto louisiana bayou hunt. anyone else scared to carry big diggers?
Aloha, yeah I'm back in action, although the Gold isn't cooperating... I did find a huge sterling necklace today, it weighs 76 grams. Eh, a couple of ounces of .925!!
And believe you me, I am really guilty of butchering them and I learned, I was trying to help someone before it's to late like us :tard: Only a screwdriver huh?? Yeow... Can't wait to see the scratch on that gold coin your going to find... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions