Revceived my new F2 today!

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
Sounds great, you'll be a detecting junkie in no time flat. Read all you can about your detector and take the instructions with you in case you get stuck and forget how to operate your detector. Make a coin garden in your yard and practice and learn from it. Be sure to get permission from private land owners and cover all holes.
Best of luck, be sure to post your finds.

Good hunting, John K

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
I'm not going to tell you how much you will like the F-2, but I will say that I liked it better than all the Aces and low-end Whites. The White's liked scrap wire too much for my tastes and the Aces couldn't handle (bad) ground well at all. They also couldn't differentiate between a nickel and pulltabs, and neither could the White's. The Tesoros can, but they have no target ID meter.

It's equal to the Tesoros for cherry-picking, and it has one very unique attribute in it's operation; If you hunt slowly with it it will serve you very well, but if you pick up the speed to about 4-5 fps, you get another inch or two depth out of it. It's because of it's very fast phase-shift operation, something that the other brand lower cost detectors do not have built into them.

If I didn't have so many detectors already I'd get one just because I liked the one I tried about a month ago so much.

You made a good choice.

EasyMoney

T

TreasurdiggrNY

luckyinkentucky said:
I received my Fisher F2 today. and I can't wait to learn my new unit. I hope soon I will have some stuff to post for you all. Wish me luck!

Het luckyinkentucky,
Good luck with the new machine, I love mine. One thing you need to know about the F2. If the tones, target Numbers, target ID and depth are jumping around a lot and don't seem to be locking in, the sensitivity is set too high. Turn the sensitivity down one bar at a time until it's stable.
I don't care about the above except for the tones(see tones below) so here are the settings I use. Notch out the iron, sens at max dig all repeatable signals.
Tones: With the sens at max OR if you're in a trashy spot you will get some of what I will call a "dual tone". On some targets you may get a high tone as the coil goes over the target from right to left and then a mid tone when the coil passes over from left to right. Same thing when you go front to back. I dig every repeatable signal even if it is a dual tone signal as described above. I have often dug a pulltab and a coin out of the same hole.
Pinpoint: Very easy to do, I don't use the button, I use the X method to narrow down where it is. It will always be in the little circle in the middle of the 8" coil.
Good Luck to you!
Glenn

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
As TreasureDiggr indicated, when there are two or more targets real close together and one is a bad one they will often signal one thing one way and another thing the other direction.

I always dig targets that produce one reading scanned to the left and another reading scanned to the right. Alloys by themselves such as tin and bronze can give these readings too. Many stainless steel targets give ambiguous reading, ones that jump all over the board and give all kinds of different number readings, especially if they are really deep targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread