Minelab Exterra70 lost and getting more confused.

vegas247

Mar 25, 2008
Portland,OR
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT/Ace 250/ X-terra70/ whites xl pro
All, Even if you do not have an E-terra70 I believe you could still help meout with this. As a group with tons of exoerience any help would be appreciated, Thanks so much, Grant

X70 I just got mine two weeks ago At every turn or change in setting I'm getting worse off! I finally found a deep penny 8+"S but lately everything is 3"s or lower : ( MY XL pro can do that.) I have two coils the 6'DD 18.75kHz the 10X5' 18.75kHz elliptical DD and the stock coil I'm hunting in moderate to sum what higher mineralized ground as the Parks are next to rivers and I've dug black sand 200' from the river! an a lot of area with no gound noise anyway I've tried was skunked today until I switched to tracking with beach mode on and got 8 pennies immediately good right? well they were on the only at 1" I know I'm missing coins. and just haven't come up with a good setting VDI ( just sumps unless target is under 3"S) GB NC thresh hold all together I've been hunting on pattern 1 with threshold at 13 and sensitivity at 20-27 problem was I didn't record or pay attention when I dug my deepest coin. I'm getting allot of faint signals with no VDI an I'm digging a ton of trash simply bcuz I'm unclear if I'm missing something. Any suggestions would be great appreciated.

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Gracious that sounds frustrating! I am sure there are many here that can help you figure it out. Have you tried minelabowners.com to look for answers too? I have heard there is a lot of great information specific to your machine there. As I said, I am sure someone will come help ya out from here too! Keep us updated!

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
vegas what are your settings? for depth ive read the 7.5Khz 10.5DD coil is the way to go, an understand the 5x10 likes some iron, did you cover the same ground with the 6000 to see if you missed anything, i know the 5900 and 6000 handle minerilized conditions well

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The link for the Minelab forum mentioned is http://minelabowners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=57&start=0&sid=6661f350b3cb15cac73cd78f9c40b4d0

Or you can visit the Minelab site here on this TNet forum. There are many that use this fine detector on a daily basis.

When at first you don't secede, read the manual. I haven't used the X-70 in a while and can't come up with the proper settings off the top of my head, but your problem might just be you aren't getting the coil over the coins. (they aren't there)

That black sand you mentioned has to stick to a magnet or it won't affect your detection depth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread