Got Permission, wish me luck

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Well, I got permission to MD this small homesite in ????, VA that is going to be torn down to build a commercial building. Public record shows it was built in 1900 but this area is heavy in Civil War activity so it may predate that. In fact, public record shows nearly half of the homes on this street are from 1900 (strangely all the same year).

We're going on Saturday and will post what we find on Monday. I'm still hunting the el cheapo detector (getting a better one very soon) but I dig every signal so I'm optimistic.

Here's a pic of the site:

Attachments

• ISz4tz09t56mxv[1].jpg
    ISz4tz09t56mxv[1].jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
Looks like a good site. If they bring in bulldozers and scrape off the soil when they remove the house, be sure to go over the area a second time. The top layer of soil being removed will get you closer to good finds if they are there.

Good hunting, John K

OP
OP
JasonB

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Good thinkin', John. Sounds like you've done this before. I'll let you know how we do.

Jason

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
where are the photos? .............still..............waiting..... and waiting.......and waiting

good luck db

OP
OP
JasonB

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Well, we hit it hard for 4 hours. We got these two wheats, 1941 and 1945, a clad dime, fishing weight and some trash. I would have thought there'd be more.

We made a great contact with an experienced relic hunter (and retired county deputy sherriff) in the area though. His grandfather actually used to own the land we were hunting. Overall, a good day.

Oh, and my hunting partner stopped off at a local high school to hunt his favorite soccer field on his way home and found a CW bullet in about 5 minutes. We have no idea how it got there.

Gotta love hunting in VA.

I won't make you wait so long next time guys. Sorry about that.

Jason

Attachments

• Wheats.jpg
    Wheats.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 176

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread