Please help Mr. Pepper...

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
before I wring his neck!! :tard: Two weeks ago he bought him a Whites GMT to hunt gold with in AL. and other places. He hated it. Didn't use it over 30 minutes. When we returned from AL. He went to our dealer and exchanged it for a Whites M 6. He wants to know if it will find gold nuggets if he gets a gold coil. I beg you if you know the answer to please post!!

Tks,
Pepper :sad1:

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only is he is looking where there are sizeable enough gold nuggets that the M-6 can find.

And I'm only half tongue-in-cheek with that one.

I'm not in a gold area and so don't concern myself much with it, but I think he'd be best served shopping for gold detectors (higher frequency) if he want a specific purpose machine. How about a Fisher Gold Bug?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was always under the impression :icon_scratch:
that a dedicated gold machine was more sensitive to smaller low conductive targets
tiny/small gold even foil specks,thin rings, etc
ANT using a gold machine and rocks on everything inbetween :icon_study:

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Thanks for the help. I tried to get him to exchange the GMT for a MXT.....but he wouldn't listen to me. He wanted me to ask if his M6 would find gold nuggets if he bought a gold coil. I tried to explain things to him but he wanted someones word besides mine. We aren't going to gold hunt that often. And when we do, Tim he isn't using my MXT. I told him to buy one and he was hard headed and wouldn't listen. >:D :wink:

Thanks again,
Pepper

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug
I use my DFX for everything except gold nugget hunting. Have Gold Bug 2 for that. It goes deep for very small nuggets and is light. He should check one out.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
TreasureTales said:
Tell him this: it's much cheaper and easier to get a dedicated gold detector than it is to get another dedicated wife. :wink: ;D

A Tesoro Lobo Super Traq is a great gold detector as well as a good all-around machine. They sell on ebay NEW for $639.00 I have one and highly recommend them. It is an extremely easy detector to use. A friend uses a White's Gold Bug and found small gold nuggets in Arizona this winter. Get a dedicated machine and forget the additional coil for the M-6.
??? ??? ??? Are you sure he has a Whites Gold Bug i never heard of it ??? ???......But i have heard of a Fisher Gold Bug.............==Jim==

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Pepper,
A small can of gold spray paint will fix him right up. Spray that coil, & lwet hin go...lol
Joe

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I have been under the impression that gold deposits in the south are generally speaking, considered to be fines.

Could be a tough row to hoe for any machine...

HH
rmptr

handy

Mar 11, 2008
nw pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 11
Tennessee-Joe said:
Pepper,
A small can of gold spray paint will fix him right up. Spray that coil, & lwet hin go...lol
Joe
will that work lol :thumbsup:

al-nm

May 8, 2008
new mexico
Detector(s) used
6000xlpro
for one thing if he only spent 30 minutes on it he prob can try every detector in the world and wont have any luck. might not find a tiny nugget for days little lone months. does he know what to look for in places to look for gold?? gold hunting isnt a hobby for someone in a hurry. need lots of patience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread