metal detecting letter

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Unless you have absolutely no other option, cold letters are not advisable. Always better to approach them in person, make a personal connection ("hi, I'm your neighbor, and was wondering blah blah blah" etc...). Reason is: Think of it: What do YOU do when you get junk mail from a total stranger? You thow it away, right?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been my experience that the letters usually get a NO answer or none at all. I've had better luck meeting them i person so they can look me in the eye so to speak. The letters are a good idea that worked in the past but in todays world it is better to meet them face to face so you can dissolve any fears they may have of someone sueing them for you being injured on their property.

S

stefen

I agree, letters are for wimps and generally get thrown in the trash...

If you want to get permission, a face to face gives you the best chance...

And if the property owner is an old lady, try going to the door with a cherry pie in hand...if its and old man, Wild Turkey or Jack Daniels is always a great conversation opener...be sure to carry 2 shot glasses in your shirt pocket :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions