cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Minelab b/c you know what I think about a garrett even though i have owned 3 :thumbsup:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Minelab over Garrett i own both and will use the Minelabs before the Garretts.... Will in the end sell all my Garretts and stick with Minelab.....No use keeping them if i will not use them just got rid of my Garrett GTI 1500...............==Jim==

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
never used any garrets, but know they are heavy, read they don't handle mineralized soils to well, xt 50 get fair depth, light weight, and handles the mineralized soil fine, i don't have a lot of time on the xt50 yet but like it so far, taking it into the gold hills this weekend to see how it handle the nasty soils. I've enjoyed my whites, love the t-2, and bought the 50 for my son. whats the price diff between the xt70 and garret, the 70 is pretty impressive machine as well

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
Get the Minelab. If you can save a few more bucks, go for the X-Terra 70. It's the best kept secret on the market. Go to www.findmall.com and look at the X-Terra section. You will be amazed at what great detectors the X-Terra series are for the money. Garrret, outdated, heavy and ugly.

Good hunting, John K

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread