anyone seen or heard about this detector yet .........

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never heard of it but the video looked good...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Based on the U-tube video, it could be like the Fisher 1266, when it comes to air tests vs actual in-field performance. Ie.: On the 1266, you can get wickedly deep on air tests (18" or more on a quarter, for instance). But in the field, you hit a brick wall in all but the most mineral free soils. Or, heck, you can make a Minelab 4000 do that too, but to actually use it in the field for coins/relics, would drive you crazy. Ie.: TOO sensitive, and blaring off every staple, BB, etc....

The only way would be to actually try it over targets, in actual ground. Their ground test on that video is not convincing, because anyone can bury a target, in a clean stretch of ground, and "tune" the detector to get *just* that one target. Ie.: not realistic once you leave and start swinging elsewhere.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Never heard or seen it before but looks like a Tesoro.....................==Jim==

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
I bought the Vista 750 and have about 20 hours on the machine. It has taken some getting used to as it is a very sensitive machine and makes alot of sounds ie. pops, clicks and clatter but when you get a solid signal especially in iron infested sights you better dig. Within the first hours use I found an 1886 I.H. penny at 8" with 6 rusty square nails in the same hole at a sight I had been over with numerous detectors including some claiming to be the deepest on the market. Without naming names I will say it impressed me.
I recently went to Canada on a detecting trip and tried the Vista at an old sight that had been frequented by other detectorist and managed to dig 2 fishscales ( a small silver 5 cent piece about 1/2 the size of an american dime ) at 6" in extremely mineralized black sandy soil. I have had some issues with the shaft being used on the detector however Plamen the owner and designer of DeepTech has been personally working with me to solve these problems and has told me that they are searching for a better shaft.
And will make one available to me when he get it.
I would definately recommend the Vista as a relic detector. In the parks the discrimination is expanded on the lower end this is what makes it good in the iron. It will produce an iffy signal by the occasional rusty bottle but as soon as the ground is broken the signal will sound really bad. The upper end of the discrimination will not go high enough to knock out a zinc penny but will eliminate pull-tabs this is why I say more of a relic detector. I am sure I have only scratched the surface of the capabilities of the Vista and look forward to spending more time with it. I will keep you updated to my findings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread