cache story

F

flash

Last year in a park in MI. As it started to rain on me I got a signal of something big, as I headed for the car.I found a tin box full of strange coins,at first glance I really thought I had found something.

I closed the box and went home with it.There was 30 plus foreign coins inside and two small note pads in a ziplock bag .After reading the note pads I realized I had a Active,foriegn coin cache for GPS.I had never heard of this before.

People wt GPS units sign in to these books and trade foriegn coins.Take one, leave one.After getting clues of where the cache's are.

I got on the internet and found the person who put it there.His info was on the front page of the note pad.I told him the story and that I was going to take it back to the same place I found it.

He was very happy to hear that,said it has been there for 3 yrs. I signed the book telling my story and added a IH nickle IH penny and a 1925 canadian penny. Its back where I found it.

Oh BTW I remember when I first opened the tin (10 seconds),I seen 30 plus coins .Thought they were silver because there was no copper in the edges, some where very big also. lol

Just though I would share this story.

Coinshooter: Did you call them people on that ring?

Upvote 0

Dominoe

Mar 20, 2004
Oklahoma
Ah, the sport of Geocaching. I have hidden and found a few caches like this and I have lost more to errant people picking them up without reading the documents inside. I'm glad you took it back and told the hider you had found it.

You should get a GPS to use with on your MD hunts. When you Geocache you can almost always find the treasure at the end of the hunt, great fun for the whole family...

Dom...

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Read the WE & T story on that a year or two ago then looked it up, it's a big thing for the hi-tech weekend warriors. Haven't found one yet, when I do I was thinking about what to put in it by way of words and goodies. Neat concept, the eternal, ever changing cache.

Dominoe

Mar 20, 2004
Oklahoma

Attachments

• Indian head 1865.jpg
    Indian head 1865.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 23

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread