Excelerator E Coils

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a 14" Detech coil and only used it on the beach, thats about the only place it would be practical if you don't have any hunted out spots. It works lovely and in trash free areas it pinpoints very well because of the DD design.
Excellent depth and sensitivity to "small" coins @ approx 6 to 7" or so. (approx 15 mm diameter, the coin)
Note that I own the DFX with the coil.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Turtleman said:
To all,
Anyone here have any experience using the Excelerator E coils sold by Kelly Co.? I am especially interested in the 14' and 18". Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
T-man
:stop:Some were in a post here last week i can't remebember were that some one was unhappy with their excelerator coil they said it was no better than their coil they had on it...............If i can find it i will let you know were to look...............==Jim==

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
I bought a 12" Excellerator coil for my Sov because the stock 10" Sov coil got less depth than the coil on my stock cz-70, my stock Compass Relic & Coin, and my (ex) 8"X9" Tesoro Tejon. The same thing was true with the Explorers when using their stock 10" coils. In fact, the Sov gets a bit better depth than the Explorers because of all the extra functions slowing the Explorers down a bit. Maybe that's why so many of the Excellerator coils were exclusively and specifically invented to be sold to top-of-the-line Minelab Explorer and White's DFX owners?

I'm not bashing Minelabs or White's here, just making an honest and real-life comparison. In fact I used to work in the engineering of White's circuit boad design at one time in my life. Most Minelabs and some Whites do handle bad soil very well, but they are actually not any depth demons like the Tejon, cz3d, Garrett 2000 and 2500, or F-75 with a big coil on them in moderate soil, that's for certain.

I gained about 2" with the Excellerator coil, but in some cases the sound the detector makes is a bit iffy or should I say "swishy"? The vague sound almost makes me feel like barfing, I like things to be more profound and distinct, something that Minelabs are not notorious for in the first place.

A WOT coil works a lot better than an Excellerator, but they cost a lot more $$$ too. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $400 or so for a good one, while the Excellerators are about $200 for the same size. If you own a Tesoro from the SilveruMax on up, you will probably achieve depth as good (or better) with Tesoro's bigger coils- - on a Tesoro- over the Excellerators used on White's or Minelab detectors. Maybe not so with the WOTS, they are some really good (and deep) coils for the most part.

Hope this helps.

EasyMoney

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread