KNUDSEN BOWL

cpt_peewee

Jan 22, 2004
LA (Lower Arkansas)
If you refering to a prospecting cleanup tool like the Blue Bowl, where water flow washes out the black sand and leaves gold behind there are usually some on ebay.
Or maybe try making one from a bundt cake tin.
HH
PW

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
The Knudsen Bowl is an bowl type mining concentrating bowl which could handle larger volumes of material. It is not the small bowls recreational miners use. You can occasionally see them for sale in the ICMJ. This bowl had no anti-packing mechanism and is not to be confused with centrifugal concentrators such as Kielsen(sp) which do. Probably the Neffco bowl is closest to this style of bowl(actually quite different). Because these types of bowls have no anti-packing mechanism they are run at low G force.

The only plans I know of for centrifugal concentrators were those which Charles Butler offered some time ago- These were for a very small concentrator- ( Small volume for final cleanup and had a antipacking mechanism). Charles Butler advertizes in the International California Mining Journal. I do not know if he still sells the plans or how good they are. I build an earilier version of the Butler centrifuge but not the latest version.

George

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread