Oct 9, 2004
Indialantic, Florida
Upvote 0

Greenie
May 22, 2009
Jarrettsville, Harford Co., MD
Detector(s) used
White DFX
weather's getting warm and I'm getting antsy - time to dig.

I live in Jarrettsville. There are places here - very old elementary school, my property (built in 1742), and the big field down the street where they hold the flee markets and carnivals - that's a fun place ...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Whiteford, Md. here. You guys ever go after any of the big ones?
I'm near the scout camp. I've lived here 40+ years, but I have hunted all over the US.

Greenie
May 22, 2009
Jarrettsville, Harford Co., MD
Detector(s) used
White DFX
Frankn,

BroadCreek? My father was the ranger there, and I lived there, from 1957 to 1972.

I don't know what you mean by going after the big ones - but I'll go after just about anything I think I may have a chance of getting.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
11007, The big one as in value Like the two gold mines that once existed in Harford Co.. One was located near Mill Green and one was located near Havre de Grace. The gold nuggets that have been found at great falls above DC. Of course there is always the local big value items. I searched a yard in BelAir and found a gold ring with a 2ct ruby est. value $2k plus an old blacksmith made ax at app.10". I consurved and mounted the ax. It really looks good should be worth over $1k to the right customer, but I would hate to part with it. I also look into the big ones in neighboring states. Like the 26 50# gold bars in the Dents Run treasure story, but that story is getting complicated as I have found 3 versions and I am still filtering thru the BS. Look at the Pa. treasure legend for the story I have posted. Then there's the rapidly abandoned ghost town off skyline drive in Va. It was a German settlement in the 1700's where the people were raided and forced out. There are probably many post hole deposits still there. I posted directions in the Va. treasure legend section. I don't think anyone has looked for it yet.
The best place to look in this area is on property that was lived on for at least 200 years by people with money!

rock_hound

Tenderfoot
Nov 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an old peace dollar at broadcreek back in 2011, I was a cook at the boyscout camp... Camp Oest.
Aberdeen here, always looking for a good place to hunt or pan!

Feb 11, 2022
Jarrettsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett Max
weather's getting warm and I'm getting antsy - time to dig.

I live in Jarrettsville. There are places here - very old elementary school, my property (built in 1742), and the big field down the street where they hold the flee markets and carnivals - that's a fun place ...
Where in Jarrettsville can you go metal detecting? I thought Jarrettsville Rec Park & the soccer fields heading towards Madonna would be allowed but they are not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions