Metal Detecting the ALAMO!!!!!!

Gold Digger

Jul 21, 2003
The United States of Texas
I wish!!

OK, let's say you could detect anywhere in the world ONE time, and ONE time only, whether it is protected property, religious, or otherwise sacred land or private property.

WHERE WOULD YOU CHOOSE AND WHY???

I've always thought it would be interesting to detect the Alamo in San Antonio Texas. Because of it's rich history in the settling of Texas. Or maybe to be able to detect Little Bighorn... Yep, one of these two sites would be great!!

So how about you folks? :)

Attachments

• 20141219_171056.jpg
    20141219_171056.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Upvote 0

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to stop the American side of Niagra Falls and detect in those rocks where people have thrown thrown coins for a hundred years. Apparently when they stopped these falls about twenty? years ago there were old coins all over the place in every rock and crevice.

Also, I would like to detect at the most popular southern ca beaches after someone has scraped off the top layer of sand to within 6 inches of the rock layer.

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe somewhere that once entertained lavish royal garden parties in UK, or anywhere Vikings disembarked after a tour. Either way, England would be fun!

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White House lawn lol

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmmm inside Ft Knox

Hahaha!!!! Just what I was thinking. :laughing7:

Since FK is now taken by Tylerbdad, I'll select Jockey Hollow in Morristown, NJ. All that Revolutionary War activity plus 400 years of history in general.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any historic, well preserved colonial fort or settlement site..........Pitt, Detroit, Quebec, Duquesne, Boonesboro...........

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the Alamo as it now stands, There is very little left of the once large site and grounds, really only the main facade and the building behind the facade remain. All the rest of the area is paved over and developed with shops and tourist stores. It was like that when I went there in 1966 and worse now. The Texans are very proud of their heritage but sadly did little to preserve it. It is that way in most of our country, and worsens as real estate becomes more valuable. In my county there were five revolutionary war forts, now there are two sites preserved as state park historical sites, one has had a state park built on the site, one has had a private house and property built on the site, and perhaps the largest is under a huge thruway interchange. Many many areas of our history have been bulldozed under and paved over or have malls and housing developments on them. "Progress" is the enemy of history.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detecting if legal in Norway, but there are rules about historically important finds, these are national property and are duly handed over amd recorded.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread