Going to Daytona Beach in late august need advice

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet. :thumbsup:

Your Bounty Hunter will work OK in the dry sand but may become unstable in the wet or near the water due to the salt and black sand present there. This is why hunters that hit the beaches everyday use special detectors that can handle the harsh environment.

Make sure you can hear a pull tab and don't disc it out as 90% of the lost gold rings are in the pull tab range.

Good Luck and hope to see more posts from you.
Sandman

OP
OP
jmann2424

jmann2424

Jun 17, 2008
Virginia
Thanks what type of metal detector would be could for both as 90 % of my detecting will be in Virginia but really want to try the beach once a year for now. Something not to expensive
thanks again

B

BIG61AL

the detector will be fine for the dry sand....walk the beach towel/blanket line just before the slope of wet sand and back further by where cars park on the beach....you must have a sand scoop to find targets quickly...Here's my method...find the target and scoop over the target and dump behind the hole, scoop left and right of the hole and dump behind the hole....swing detector over the hole and the three piles...one will have the target...if not in the hole, scoop up just the loose sand and shake to get the target......if you just start shaking until you find the target you'll be tired and it will take forever

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you want to make out like a bandit, get your self a good PI machine or wading vlf machine....
You wont find the really good stuff unless you get a water machine buddy!!

Cheap...Pirate headhunter wader...

Or

whites beach ID or surf PI

try ebay and kellycodetectors.com

Larry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread