ACE 250 falsing around a spectrum...

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
I went out today with my friend who has a whites spectrum. I use an Ace 250. I had SOOOOO many false tones no matter how low I set the sensitivity. There were alot of power lines around too. I couldn't tell if my Ace was going nuts because of the lines or the spectrum. I hunted about 50 yards away from my buddy. He has no problem with his Spectrum. My question is: Does anyone know for sure if it was the lines or my buddys detector that was making ace false? Also is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aside from lowering the sens. which you did, no...... You can test the ACE with your buddy along in a different location to see if it runs well. Some detectors just don't run close to each other and power lines or lightning can affect them too.

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
Id say the buddy, Just seems like what it would be, Good Luck!!!!!

Semper Fi :sunny:

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
my fathers XLT drove my QXT nuts, even with freq. shift, but he didnt hear me, we would have to stay atleast 35' apart to keep my piece of mine

OP
OP
UTcoinshootR

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
Thanks for the replies, I went again and figured out that it was a combination of both the power lines and my friends spectrum. I can't wait to upgrade to a nice machine. Im thinking Explorer or DFX. I'll have plenty of time to figure that one out while I save up.

R

robbuckalew

depending on how close the powerlines will most likely be the culprit.

I had that problem with my ace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread