PInpointers - best one for around $100

tlzkaasen

Jun 20, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500|| Garret ACE 250 (Daughter) || Sunray YF-1 Invader Inline Probe|| Garrett Head Phones|| 2008 Rat Head Phones||
Good Morning,

My 9 year old and I have just started MD'ing. (Thursday of last week ;D) Digging/locating targets seems to be our biggest challenge. I've read and I've read and I've read, pin pointers are someone confusing to me. I clearly need one here in Wisconsin or probably anywhere for that matter. What kind of a pinpointer can I get for around $100? What will I NOT get at that price range?

We've got some incredible old 'estates' in an area that has always been VERY 'ritzy' with old 'beer'money on lakes around us. We need to be very discreet and not leave a mess or slice and dice huge holes in these folks finely manicured lawns. My daughter will probably run the MD and use golf tee's at the target. I figure I'll do the digging / probing.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Upvote 0

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
I have used 2 pinpointers so far, so I can tell you what I think about them.
The first was a Tinytec Ultraluxe ($69.95) - http://tinytec-probes.com/pagesales.html
I liked this model and it was the first I used. Well built and simple. Unlike some electronic coin probes, this one
you could stab into the ground to probe closer to the target. It would signal about an 1/2" inch to 1 inch away and worked well to put you on target for the
price.

Downsides - Dust and dirt would get into the housing where the switches were. Nails and other targets in the hole caused it to go off the same as the good
stuff you were looking for.

So now I use the Sunray XL-1 and DX-1 probes. They are a little above your price range you gave ($179.95) http://www.sunraydetector.com/
I would never take my detectors anywhere without these probes! And I do not have to. Each one is made for the brand and model of detector you use.
It stays plugged into you detector and acts like a probe shaped 1 inch coil! Just flip a switch to go from you normal coil to the probe. What ever program you are
using, the probe uses also. Depth is different from detector to detector, for me was 3-4 inches.

Downsides- It does add more weight to the detector and for cheaper detectors like the Ace 250 costs almost as much as it.
Also they are not made for all brands and types of detectors.

I hope this helped and there are lots of other probes I have not used that may suit your needs. Shop around.
HH,
Donny

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOu can not beat the Detectorpro probes.....They are over your range, but they are also far over and above the $100 range of probes.

I have had both models, the Detector Pocket Uniprobe and traded up for the DetectorPro UniProbe. I bought the Pocket Uniprobe used for $140, then sold it and bought the Uniprobe with the built in headset used for $220. They both detect 4-6 inches deep and are spot on accurate. It is basically a miniture PI detector.

Here is a link to the Detectorpro website, if you keep you eye open you will find them for sale used on the boards, but when you see one jump on it quickly, they do not last long. Any one who has ever own one will swear by it.

http://www.detectorpro.com/uniprobes.htm

detectorpropocketuniprobe-1.jpg

Picture of my Pocket Uniprobe I recently sold.

Good luck and good hunting..............

MD Detector

Greenie
Jul 6, 2008
hi

I can offer pinpointer for USD60.00/PC DHL freight included send to your address
you can pay by paypal.com and specification as follows

Specification: Power 9V
Operate Voltage 7V~9V
Indicator Visual LED display
Sound Speaker
Function Detect Metal
Control On/Off Control
Control Sensitivity Control
Sensitivity *** 1.2~ 1.4 inch testing USD 25cent
Sensitivity **** 0.05 inch testing pin of Ø0.035 inch, length 0.1 inch
copper, steel, gold, silver, tin, aluminum
Pinpoint Waterproof
Weight of Unit 105g
Size of Unit 103(long) × 60(wide) × 25 (high) mm
Color Black
Packing Unit Size: 10.3 × 6 × 2.30 cm
Gross Weight: 163g/PC

sincerely

MD Detector

Attachments

• MD2002B.gif
    MD2002B.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 227

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd say a Sun ray simply the best as you get the discrimination of your metal detector to, it's like an add on. :thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only problem with the Sunray is that if you have different detectors you need one for each as they are specific to detectors.

Detectorpro Uniprobe can be used on multiple detectors, and it goes real deep (4-6 inches)..........

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes that is true Treasure_Hunter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread