Detector went haywire

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Could be electrical interference. Any bigger power close by, or possibly underground?

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
What kind of detector? Did it still happen when you went somewhere else? High power wires overhead?? Detailsssss.

OP
OP
cableman79

cableman79

May 17, 2005
Mobile, Alabama
I'm going there again tomorrow; I will check that out. Will that make a detector go nuts? and if it does is there anything I can do?

OP
OP
cableman79

cableman79

May 17, 2005
Mobile, Alabama
vwayne1 said:
What kind of detector? Did it still happen when you went somewhere else?? High power wires overhead??? Detailsssss.

Sorry; I have an XLT and it did not do it across the street. There are some overhead power lines but I dont think it was anything more then normal. Would radio communications interfere?

R

rvbvetter

Power lines definitly can. I'm no electronics whiz, but i think radio waves are a possibility.
I was hunting a 100 yards from Amtrack raillines. And everytime Amtrack went by my mine lab would go off it's rocker. The only thing i could think of was radio transmissions. HH

E

Einstein

high power lines emit more power than you can imagine, you can stick a flourescent bulb in the ground below one and it will light! here is a thousand of them lighting so you can just think how far your sensitive detector can be affected. Notice the ones 80 feet to the left or right still well lit.

bulbs_pylon_400.jpg

T

T-Rex

I know our little handheld radios interfer with my MD's, it doesn't take a whole lot...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread