aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
Where have they gone?

Over the years you see many people come and go from this site.

They come onto TN and make a big splash...constant contributors...interesting characters...then they disappear...

Mighty AP...Michigan Badger...Buscadero...and many others

Where have they gone?
Dont forget Mr. Fossis he is missing too

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I don't know where they have gone, but I miss them, too. I hope they are lurking and are reading this.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Many reasons like, getting disrespected, not having the time, falling on hard times, becoming disinterested for a various reasons or just falling off, and many other reasons.

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
people come & go,thats part of life on the forum

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of these guys are of the age when they begin to have health problems. If you don't believe me, just ask me. I somehow manage to drag myself to the computer from my deathbed and drop a line . But contrary to rumor I am still alive and kicking. I haven't been able to hunt much in this past year mainly because of health problems but I am doing better now, got a clean checkup for the first time in 3 years just a month ago. I think some of the members just get discouraged and give the hobby up and are too embarassed to face us. I was into big bore rifle shooting competition until my eye sight began to fail me and so I got into metal detecting and just let the shooting sport drop. I keep thinking I'll go back to it but I enjoy metal detecting more, so maybe not. I grew fond of many of our missing even though I never met them face to face and considered them a friend. Perhaps they don't feel the same? It's a mystery for sure. M ??? nty

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Yes I think Monty you are correct. I know that some people on here doubt everything good a person finds. I also know that some people on here find things I can only DREAM of finding.

So after a while it gets kind of depressing when you have to post something like "Look I found a bunch of junk and a Merc" When someone else is posting "I found a Colonial coin" of even "I found a cache of roman coins"

So some of these guys are probably really talented but they get tired of people doubting their finds or get tired of arguing over the same things.

Besides how many times has questions like "which is the best machine to buy" been asked and answered?

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sometimes I think its also freedom of speech thats denied due to some rules.. I am not complaining but, when some things are bold faced bogus, with proof.. well, it tends to make ya wanna fade into the sunset.. who knows why anyone leaves.. I get disquisted as I am sure alot of you do for one reason or another.. Some things are just hard to swallow here at times is all... and sometime folks leave for the reasons you all mentioned.. just my honest two cents.

OP
OP
S

stefen

I considered many of reasons, and some not listed, however these people mentioned in the initial post were above-board and well liked...then poof, they are gone.

They had offered up some very interesting posts and became well respected...

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many times they just get fed up with BS that comes from many directions.

I run into several people on other forums that were once big posters here, but quit posting for one reason or another. Some of them were troublemakers ;D ;D ;D who wanted more freedom of speech, some of them got tired of arguing over minutia with people they knew didn't know what they were talking about, etc, etc, etc.

Some of their reasons were self inflicted, some of their slights were in their heads, and many were justified. Many times it had to do with BS that started in the Rubber Room (Religion & Politics), and spilled over into other threads.

So goes life. Maybe they'll come back, maybe they won't. Oh well.

Best-Mike

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
I used to post a lot when I first became a member, but between a broken leg and rotator cuff surgery I haven't been out detectin' much. Besides it always seemed so redundent to say "nice find!" when your response would be post number 25, so I don't usually respond to those. But, I do lurk a lot and try to keep up with everyone's adventures!

vicki

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
vic910 said:
I used to post a lot when I first became a member, but between a broken leg and rotator cuff surgery I haven't been out detectin' much. Besides it always seemed so redundent to say "nice find!" when your response would be post number 25, so I don't usually respond to those. But, I do lurk a lot and try to keep up with everyone's adventures!

vicki
:thumbsup:...I know what you are saying....Like watching a movie rerun always the same....

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
My theory is, two different lives. I have a huge life outside these four walls that comprise T-Net. But I do some times find myself needing to pull back, because this life has bled over into my outside life all too much. Many people here joke about the addiction of Treasure Net. But the truth may not be that far off. Many Medical professionals are including the Internet and it's abilities as true addictions of the 21st century. I was just thinking before I answered this post about something I needed info about. Being old school my first thought was to ask someone I knew "Might" have an answer, but then I realized I could just ask the Grand PooBah off answers nowadays, I googled it. What would we do without the convenience of the internet that we now have ? That is a question that some people want an answer to and feel the best way to get that answer and break the addiction, is cold turkey. :-\ :P :icon_study:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread