Need to find old post re: cheap pinpointer

Beachnick

Greenie
Jun 3, 2008
Miami Beach
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70 Classic ID.5
fyi,I ordered one last month and Harbor Freight just sent me another back order date of July 25 th.I guess evreybody ordered all at once.....oh well....!

Beachnick.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you were a Charter Member you could do a search. :thumbsup:

Dirt Dobber

Jun 24, 2008
Midlands of S.Carolina
Detector(s) used
R/S Discovery(BH IV) cousin
Hi guys, saw this H.F. item and 5 more on shelve Monday june 23. Bought and air test coins at about 1" Never had one or seen one in use so thought would not work with such limited range. Back to question H. F. item # 97245 try getting list of their stores and start calling.

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
When these first came out, I called Harbor Freight and was told that the stores did not carry them, that they were only available as a phone or internet order.

Several others said that they had found them in HF stores so a call to your local store may be worthwhile.

Jeff

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I ordered 2 of them but have not heard any thing yet.But it has only been a week...............

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I was in harbor freight today and picked one up they work they have a carry case you can put on your belt..............And they will pick up at 1 inch up to 2 inches it all depends on how you set the Sensitivity.If you have the Sensitivity all the way off it will only pick up at 1 inch or a little more....If you turn the Sensitivity to were you can hear a hum then back off till no sound then it will pick up 2 inches or more.......It's nice it works for what you want it for......................

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harbor Freight! Looks from the posts that you have your answer in depth. I just ordered one day before yesterday. It may be awhile but that was not indicated on their website or my receipt. HHHH Ace 250 User and I like it!!

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
I ordered 2 in the beginning of June, the 6th I believe, and they are on back order. I will not get mine until the end of July now.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
I went to the HF near me in May and they didn't have any so I ordered one. it's been on backorder ever since. I called again about an hour ago and was told it's on back order to 7/25. i called my local HF for fun just to see if they got any in and he said 3. He said they would hold one for me and put my name on it so hopefully in a couple/three hours I'll finally have one in grubby little paws (I might buy 2 just because now). :icon_jokercolor: :thumbsup: ;D

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
They work just like the Whites early bullseye.....So i sold my Bullseye.............

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
A pinpointer?

The only thing that I have ever seen or used that might need a pinpointer is an Garrett Ace through a 2500 or a Minelab Explorer or Sovereign with an aftermarket 12+ inch coil. But even those don't need a pinpointer once you know how they work. I can even get my Sov to pinpoint within a 3" circle every time, and even when I use the 12" Excellerator coil. Even a Nautie with it's biggest coil doesn't require a pinpointer. I never have figured out why someone would ever need such a thing..?

Whenever KelloCo sells a new detector they usually include a cheap pinpointer. I think they cost around $15 or $20 new. They seem to work ok, but I just never have needed one so I give mine away whenever they send one. I gave one to me friend who has a BH and the White's 6db I gave him, but he doesn't need it at all, his BH pinpoints very well. So does the White's.

EasyMoney

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
EasyMoney said:
A pinpointer?

The only thing that I have ever seen or used that might need a pinpointer is an Garrett Ace through a 2500 or a Minelab Explorer or Sovereign with an aftermarket 12+ inch coil. But even those don't need a pinpointer once you know how they work. I can even get my Sov to pinpoint within a 3" circle every time, and even when I use the 12" Excellerator coil. Even a Nautie with it's biggest coil doesn't require a pinpointer. I never have figured out why someone would ever need such a thing..?

Whenever KelloCo sells a new detector they usually include a cheap pinpointer. I think they cost around $15 or $20 new. They seem to work ok, but I just never have needed one so I give mine away whenever they send one. I gave one to me friend who has a BH and the White's 6db I gave him, but he doesn't need it at all, his BH pinpoints very well. So does the White's.

EasyMoney
The problem with that .........Easy Money.............is that there are times it will be right out there and i can not see it untill i touch it with the the pinpointer then i still can not see it . But you see even with my glasses to distinquish the coin from the dirt is not easy for me.But i still pass the eye test at 68 to drive a tractor trailer and get my C.D.L. ...

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Yes, that makes sense Jim.

I am lucky enough to not need glasses except for reading. I gave up hunting at night for the most part, because I got tired of carrying a gun in the old part of town when lights are a bit too low.. The old sidewalk strips have always been the best producers for me, especially the ones form the 30's and 40's, so any chance I get I go out early Sunday morning before people want to be awake. I turn the sound down low enough to not disturb anyone..

EasyMoney

MD Detector

Greenie
Jul 6, 2008
hi

Cheaper pinpoint I can recommend the item is not very cheaper :thumbsup:

When use underground detector and the coil is larger the metal is easy to be found
but you can not be told the concrete location where it is and this is the key,
coin diameter can be 13-15 inch and within this circle area the buzzer and LED light are on,
so you have to digging all the area to find the coin and you still do not know the depth,

my friend when you at beach is no problem but when you in public park your searching action
is not very gentle, so you need mini pinpoint probe MD2002B! to locating the exact place

----------------------------------------------------------------
Mini Detector Probe MD2002B (waterproof pole)
+ belt mountable holster
+ small white LED in front which can be use as touch in the darkness
Sensitivity *** 1.2~ 1.4 inch testing USD 25cent
Sensitivity **** 0.05 inch testing pin of Dia 0.035 inch, length 0.1 inch

MD2002B.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

MD2002B pinpointer will show you exactly where your newly found treasure is buried so you an spend
less time digging and more time treasure hunting! :icon_king:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions