Any tricks of the trade re: hunting in tall grass?

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
Short of a lawnmower, of course! Just curious, there is a great great old site that a friend allowed me to hunt - but it has about almost waist high grass throughout. After about an hour, the arm gets tired from pushing it around, also - I'm afraid the coil isn't close enough to the ground. Surely someone has a nifty technique to handle this???

Oh yeah, mowing it or weed wacking it is not an option - unfortunately,

Ian

Upvote 0

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
EDDE said:
af1733 said:
I saw something once about someone that used plywood or plexiglass with a whole slew of holes drilled into it. They would lay the board down and detect over the top of the board, and would shove a golf tee through the holes to mark the spot of signals they wanted to dig, then lift away the plywood and retrieve their targets.
SLICK :thumbsup:
I thought so, too. Never had the opportunity to try it myself, but I sure wish I could take the credit for it! :wink:

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
SaginawIan said:
Short of a lawnmower, of course! Just curious, there is a great great old site that a friend allowed me to hunt - but it has about almost waist high grass throughout. After about an hour, the arm gets tired from pushing it around, also - I'm afraid the coil isn't close enough to the ground. Surely someone has a nifty technique to handle this???

Oh yeah, mowing it or weed wacking it is not an option - unfortunately,

Ian

One thing I would not recommend is starting the grass on fire. My neighbor did that to get rid of his weeds and burned down his house. I was kind of glad it happened because he is now no longer my neighbor! Not too bright.

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn the detector backwards and 'drag' it behind you as you walk throught the grass. Your feet and legs should trample the grass enough to get it close to the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread