Has anyone upgraded from Ace 250 to MXT? or Owns both?

TOWcritter

Hi Omni. I had a chance to check out a kids' Ace 250 on the beach for a little while. It was nothing like the MXT. It's a great little coin machine but for prospecting or relics, I just don't think it would come close to the MXT, especially prospecting. I guess if you really want to get technica,l you could compare software programs and schematics, but after using my MXT for about 7 months now I wouldn't trade it for anything, unless they come out with a detector that has a real time holographic display that shows your target still buried in the ground at a depth up to 25 feet, and could automatically dig it up for you leaving not a scratch! Oh well...maybe next year.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After much thought and deliberation I selected a Garrett GTI 2500 to compliment my ACE 250. It's like having a big brother to help you out. The 2500 will do all the ACE will do and much more. I am not knocking the other brands as I am sure they are superb. I am just telling you what decision I made and I am satisfied I made a good choice. I'm sure any of the top of the line priducts will "blow the ACE out of the water", but for pure coin shooting at parks, playgrounds or athletic fields I don't believe any of them , including my 2500 will do much better for that purpose. So, what I am saying is that if all you intend to do is coin shoot, you are just as well off with the ACE as going out and spending a thousand bucks for a machine that will do the same thing. JIM

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
I've read nothing but great things about the Ace 250 on this forum. Sounds like it could be the best detector out there under $300.00. But you're really talking apples and oranges.

R

rusty nails

its is the best for under 300.00 - because of the features - this guy i know (whos really honest)
has an mxt - goes detecting all the time - finds mercs in his yard - i go 3-4 hrs a week in hunted out places - guess what - we both have only found clad after the yard thing and i have out cladded him ever since - i am sure the mercedes outperforms the boneville - but in the end using accouting practices and what your end dollar amount will be in finds - you can have 800.00 bucks in your pocket to do whatever u want with - if you r out there looking for outperforming machines i am sure theres one out there that cost twice as much as the mxt that outperforms it also (if u r in it just for the big money finds as an end result.............. ;)LBP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread