My first attempt

Butlerdeb

Jul 6, 2008
After researching and reading all I could about detecting, my hubby and I purchased a White's DFX. (For my birthday) That makes it mine right? Anyway, today it was delivered. After work we watched the DVD (as I had learned it was very important to do before trying to run the equipment) and then we went to the backyard to give it a try. Almost immediately we got a loud clear tone with a 25 cent icon and proceeded to dig. Sure enough there it was! A pizza parlour token! Close enough. Out to the front we went where the neighbors got a kick out of us and said we looked cute and OLD! Ignoring their teasing I kept sweeping the detector and got another hit! Another quarter! (Man the ground is hard!) Then another token and lastly a penny to round out the evening. The penny was the hardest to locate because we didn't read the instructions on using the bullseye, but we found it. We are looking forward to going to the school playground and field tomorrow evening to work on our technique and see what's there! Too much fun! We will be joining one of the local clubs this month and are looking forward to meeting some real experts who can share their tips and techniques.

Attachments

• First Find.JPG
    First Find.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 196
  • First Find.JPG
    First Find.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 191
  • First Find.JPG
    First Find.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 197
Upvote 0

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
July 8th/08

Welcome to TNet Butlerdeb and to a great hobby. :) The DFX is a quality instrument that will bring you many rewards and enjoyable outings. Joining the local detecting club is an excellent idea; please keep in mind that holes need to be refilled in such a manner as to leave no evidence of your digging. There are a number of threads further down the list on this forum that address this topic very well.

Maintaining a public spirited profile is essential to our hobby. This can be promoted by not leaving any evidence of our activities, providing reasonable assistance to individuals in recovering lost items, removing found trash items, and periodically demonstrating a pleasant demeanor and willingness to discuss the hobby with the general public...and that includes occasionally accomodating inquisitive children.

Don't hesitate to ask questions that will come to mind, both here and at the detecting club. There are many helpful seasoned veterans here quite willing to help out. Good luck,

Jim.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Welcome and nice start. Keep up the great attitude, it helps. There are plenty of resources available on the DFX and joining a club is a big plus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread